“What a great hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Highlands Ranch, CO
“What a great hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I am a Marriott person but because this reservation was made by my business, it was the first time I had the opportunity to stay at a Intercontinental. What a great hotel! It was very clean and the rooms were made up perfectly each of the 4 days I stayed. The decor and design were up dated and serene. The bathroom was awesome. The views out the window of the Manhattan skyline were beautiful. The location was perfect, within walking distance to the theatres and restaurants. The thing that most impressed me was when I didn't answer my wake up call on my 4th day there, because I had awakened early and hopped in the shower, they sent someone to my door to make sure I was all right. Now that is service! The restaurant was excellent and the banquet personnel were top notch. I must say that I will probably stay there next time I am in NY for a personal trip because it was so enjoyable. It was the perfect size, never had to wait for an elevator or for someone to help me out at the front desk or bellstand.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,252)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed between 20th and 25th february for my daughters 1cth birthday. Even before arriving the customer service shown by Nima was excellemt. On finding out it was my daughters 18th birthday we were upgraded to a suite on the 33rd floor with fantastic views of manhatten and the hudson river.
The hotel is very modern with excellemt rooms. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2011
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This is my first Tripadvisor review ever. Usually I find the previous reviews to be accurate, but this time I am mystified by the praise of the service. I am a frequent business traveler to NYC averaging a week per month here. Never have I gotten such half-hearted service. Here is the rap sheet: No replenishment of toiletries or mini bar on either day of service during a three night stay. I called down and only three of four requested items showed up. The fourth item was the laundry bag so I could send my shirts out. I ended up walking them over to a local dry cleaners. I don't understand. All I need is for there to be shampoo/soap/lotion, the bed to be remade, some water and maybe a beer in the mini bar, and a laundry bag. Why is this not part of the service here? Why can't they make the bed so it looks like a pro did it rather than me at 6am? Where did my daily $5 tip go? Who knows. I am heading back to Eventi in Chelsea from here on out.

• Stayed April 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This is one great hotel! It was right literally next door to the 42nd Street subway stop and the Shake Shack. If you need an elegant restaurant there is one called Ca Va right on the lobby, which is great in the morning! It was a few blocks from NBC studios and Rockefeller Plaza. The concierge was soo nice and helpful! They helped us get some Statue of Liberty tickets for an earlier time and they helped us get tickets for WICKED! The Musical. It is hands down THE BEST show ever! If you need a taxi somewhere, the doormen are more than happy to. Most of the taxis have a little credit card terminal in the back.

Special thanks to Kat of the concierge team who helped us the most! Extended thanks to Fatima!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MiltonPuppy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I will mostly remember the amazing view of the Hudson River from the 35th floor. We were greeted by very friendly staff. The lobby is beautiful and hip. The rooms are a nice size for NYC. The showers in the room were so relaxing and beautiful as well. We were always only 10 minutes away from anywhere we neeed to be. All in all a beautiful property with wonderful service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Hotel is nice and the room is not that small as some previous reviews said. I think it is one of the best in Times Square Area. There is a Subway station just beside the main entrance.
The only problem that I had was regarding the reservation, that was for a Deluxe High Floor room and they gave me a Regular room in a lower floor. The view of my room was an old office building, but I decided to stay there because the room was nice and it was very quiet, because was not facing the 8th ave. They gave me the money back for the room difference at the checkout.

Recommendations:

1) Tips: There are a lot of people to help you, so you have to tip everywhere. For example, there is a guy who help you with the luggage when you arrive, but he just take the luggage from the street and put inside the hotel. I was expecting that he would be the guy who was taking care of the luggage until the room, but I had to tip him and tip another guy to do that, but ok, they are nice.

2) Restaurant: I asked for a chicken sandwich and it was not nice, in my oppinion. Very expensive and tasteless.

3) Don't touch the refrigerator: Once you take any beverage from the refrigerator, they are going to charge you. I just took to check some items and decided to don't take it, but they charged me. The front desk accepted to discount the item, but I think it is not really nice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms faced to the 8th ave.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I came here for my 30th birthday and was so pleased. They even arranged to have a mini cake delivered to my room for my birthday. The room was lovely and spacious and quiet, and the shower is fab.
The staff were really helpful, in particular the concierge who found us a comedy club and made the relevant enquiries.
The only downside is the hotel bar, it is really expensive, and we felt a little cheated at paying £18.00 for a bottle of carlsberg and glass of red wine.
We did have an issue with a cleaner, which once reported, was dealt with amazingly well and we pleased with the outcome.

Room Tip: times square and tube stations are very near !
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple