“Great meal...good value...full of character”

Carbone Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #2,157 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8 & 9 Ave.
Transit: Times Square Subways.
Description: Small, intimate place. Run by real Italians, which shows up in the food. The place isn't particularly flashy - I feel as if many people probably pass it by, but inside past the bar it's nice and cozy with brick walls and little Italian signs here and there. Cute place and the prices are fair and the food is really good. Of note is the brick oven pizza -The service is very friendly and generally pretty snappy.The Backyard is now open. Buon Appetito !
Saratoga, California
“Great meal...good value...full of character”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great meal. Prices are reasonable. Liked the fact the owner is on-hand to greet the customers. Food was ultra fresh and prepared with care. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank mdh95070

Kaukauna WI USA
“Made our night”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Sacha was our server-she was amazing. Friendly knowledgable attentive - clearly the best server we had on vacation and after a heavy downpour the got our night off to a bad start, she clearly made our night MUCH better. The food was amazing tortellini with walnut cream sauce was to die for, ravioli specials were great. Prices very reasonable for Manhattan

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lossie F
Chicago
“Not that great”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went in based on reviews and was very disappointed. Food was only mediocre; I ordered the fettucini with speck and the pasta was clearly not fresh. That in and of itself wasn't so bad, but the service was non-existent. Even though I came in way before the dinner rush, it took 15 minutes to be waited on and I had to ask for a wine list and for bread. Im not usually a demanding diner, but DANG. Maybe because I was dining alone...who knows.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth L
Dallas, Texas
“My Favorite NYC Italian place!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will not eat Italian food anywhere else but here! If you are in the area, you HAVE to try this place! Closest I have found to my mothers cooking! I trully thinnk he has his Mom or Aunt in the back cranking out the food!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Joe G
Los Angeles, California
“Intimate Restaurant with Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Loved my meal tonight! This small restaurant only has a few tables. We ate at the bar, which was fine for "just showing up" without a reservation. My ravioli special was so tasty. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely eat here again. Very convenient midtown location too!