“Made our night”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8 & 9 Ave.
Transit: Times Square Subways.
Description: Small, intimate place. Run by real Italians, which shows up in the food. The place isn't particularly flashy - I feel as if many people probably pass it by, but inside past the bar it's nice and cozy with brick walls and little Italian signs here and there. Cute place and the prices are fair and the food is really good. Of note is the brick oven pizza -The service is very friendly and generally pretty snappy.The Backyard is now open. Buon Appetito !
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Sacha was our server-she was amazing. Friendly knowledgable attentive - clearly the best server we had on vacation and after a heavy downpour the got our night off to a bad start, she clearly made our night MUCH better. The food was amazing tortellini with walnut cream sauce was to die for, ravioli specials were great. Prices very reasonable for Manhattan

1  Thank Lossie F

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went in based on reviews and was very disappointed. Food was only mediocre; I ordered the fettucini with speck and the pasta was clearly not fresh. That in and of itself wasn't so bad, but the service was non-existent. Even though I came in way before the dinner rush, it took 15 minutes to be waited on and I had to ask for a wine list and for bread. Im not usually a demanding diner, but DANG. Maybe because I was dining alone...who knows.

1  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will not eat Italian food anywhere else but here! If you are in the area, you HAVE to try this place! Closest I have found to my mothers cooking! I trully thinnk he has his Mom or Aunt in the back cranking out the food!

2  Thank Joe G
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved my meal tonight! This small restaurant only has a few tables. We ate at the bar, which was fine for "just showing up" without a reservation. My ravioli special was so tasty. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely eat here again. Very convenient midtown location too!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had read reviews before our visit to NY and decided this would be a good example of an authentic NY Italian restaurant so I emailed a week in adavance asking to make a reservation and recieved a reply saying yes and to advise of dates and times etc which I duly did and made the reservation, I received another email saying they looked forward to our visit. Well when we arrived the owner claimed he had no record of our email and had no reservation, but if we had a drink at the bar and looked at the menu he would try to fit us in. We drank our wine and chose our appetizers and waited for a table, unfortunately our appetizer was served at the narrow bar in a draughty position close to the door. I did not want to spoil the evening so accepted the situation and ate the mediocre antipasta and buffalo mozzarella.
A table was eventually found for us in the middle of the narrow restaurant which felt like being in the middle of a busy railway platform so I asked to be moved to a table against the wall which turned out to be much more comfortable. Our main courses arrived without any apparent concern our apology and again were pretty mediocre without much imagination.
So, on that basis, I would not recommend this place as there are literally hundreds of italian restaurants in NY several of which we tried during our stay which were all a much better experience.