“My Favorite NYC Italian place!”

Carbone Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #2,776 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8 & 9 Ave.
Transit: Times Square Subways.
Description: Small, intimate place. Run by real Italians, which shows up in the food. The place isn't particularly flashy - I feel as if many people probably pass it by, but inside past the bar it's nice and cozy with brick walls and little Italian signs here and there. Cute place and the prices are fair and the food is really good. Of note is the brick oven pizza -The service is very friendly and generally pretty snappy.The Backyard is now open. Buon Appetito !
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will not eat Italian food anywhere else but here! If you are in the area, you HAVE to try this place! Closest I have found to my mothers cooking! I trully thinnk he has his Mom or Aunt in the back cranking out the food!

2  Thank Joe G

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved my meal tonight! This small restaurant only has a few tables. We ate at the bar, which was fine for "just showing up" without a reservation. My ravioli special was so tasty. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely eat here again. Very convenient midtown location too!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had read reviews before our visit to NY and decided this would be a good example of an authentic NY Italian restaurant so I emailed a week in adavance asking to make a reservation and recieved a reply saying yes and to advise of dates and times etc which I duly did and made the reservation, I received another email saying they looked forward to our visit. Well when we arrived the owner claimed he had no record of our email and had no reservation, but if we had a drink at the bar and looked at the menu he would try to fit us in. We drank our wine and chose our appetizers and waited for a table, unfortunately our appetizer was served at the narrow bar in a draughty position close to the door. I did not want to spoil the evening so accepted the situation and ate the mediocre antipasta and buffalo mozzarella.
A table was eventually found for us in the middle of the narrow restaurant which felt like being in the middle of a busy railway platform so I asked to be moved to a table against the wall which turned out to be much more comfortable. Our main courses arrived without any apparent concern our apology and again were pretty mediocre without much imagination.
So, on that basis, I would not recommend this place as there are literally hundreds of italian restaurants in NY several of which we tried during our stay which were all a much better experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here as it was close to our hotel and had space to fit us in. We were not disappointed, the food was delicious and the steak just melted in the mouth. The waiters were friendly and obliging. The only downsides were the wine was a bit pricey at $40 a bottle plus tax and the restaurant is quite small so to start with we were sat in very close proximity to another couple. Fortunately they left not long after we arrived. The steak made up for it though!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant with some family. Extremely small and couldn't even move in our chairs. It took over an hour for our food to arrive and I didn't really like the special ravioli once it came out. The staff even had trouble moving between tables and at one point one of the staff poured liqueur down my brothers back trying to get by his chair.

Would never come here again!