“Dim Sum and great tea”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 7th Ave
Transit: Take the E to 53rd and 7th, walk two blocks to 55th. Take the F to 56 and 6th, talk one block. Take the N,Q,R to 57th and 7th, walk two blocks.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a wonderful pre-show meal. Dim Sum was very good (and must have been made to order since it took 15-20 minutes) and the tea is fabulous. We hope to go back again for a longer meal!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A charming, quiet place to stop for a break in a busy neighborhood. We only tried the green tea ice cream but it was delicious and the rest of the menu looked interesting.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a nice asian tea house. We go about once a month because the food is good, the value is good, and they have a decent tea selection. The soupy pork dumplings are a must have.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Told that a table would open up in just five minutes. Every time one opened up, I was told "Sorry -- it's reserved". After going through this drill twice in 15 minutes, we got the drift....

If you like signing up on a waiting list only to watch other folks get seated to eat, THIS is the place for you...LOL!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My blood pressure dropped the minute I came through the door. Visual beauty and quietude were immediately apparent. An excellent server brought a menu of food that is delicious and healthful. While I waited for my lunch, I took a too-quick look at the intriguing book selection and the beautiful tea-serving sets and implements available. The tea menu is part poetry, part pharmacology. Names like "Eight Lovely Treasures" are followed by a description of the tea's healthful benefits according to Asian medicine principles. I splurged on a tea that tasted and looked like a pageant, full of mysterious ingredients that did help me get through a busy day. It would be easy to spend far too much money there, but you don't have to. And whether you buy into the whole tea ethos or not, it's hard to imagine not being relaxed there.