The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$128
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$127
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$293
$169
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$108
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$254
1,239 results
All reviewsbutler serviceheated toilet seatred door spahead butlertimes squaretv in the mirrorart deco decornew yorkstarwood pointsrain showerthe theater districtjunior suitean upgradefour seasonsturn down servicelobby bari highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed December 14, 2012

For a recent business trip to NY, one of my colleagues recommended this hotel as he always stays here. The location is great if you are a tourist, and happily was within a short walk of the client I was visiting. Having checked in during the evening and out again at 7:30am, I can't really comment on the facilities. However, there was no room service menu in my room, no hotel facilities directory and no breakfast card. This would have annoyed me if I had been staying longer.
The room was quite small, but the bathroom was well appointed and the shower was great. I'd stay here again on business, but wouldn't take my husband as he likes to have a bath as well as a shower.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AJ0nes
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear AJOnes,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to The Chatwal NY.

I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your time spent with us.

Should we ever have the opportunity to host you again for a return visit, please do keep in mind that the In-Room Dining menu and the Hotel Directory binder are located directly above the private bar. Breakfast cards are provided during the Turndown Service.

We do offer accommodations with a Jacuzzi tub which are available upon request.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights during thanksgiving. The hotel is in a great location close to all the shops, theatres, Times Square & restaurants. The food is really good and the rooms very spacious for New York. The bathrooms are fabulous with tv's fitted into the mirrors, heated toilet seats and jucuzzi baths. The rain shower is one of the best I ever had. The beds are very comfortable and the Art Deco style furniture has been well thought out and is of exceptional quality. Give the pool a miss. It's only about 15 ft long. The photos on the website are very flattering. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

From the first night we stayed at this hotel, both my husband and myself have been itching like crazy! We stayed an unfortunate four nights at this hotel, and suffered major itching, including a major let down from what we were advised BEFORE booking at The Chatwal! We phoned prior to booking to ensure that the hotel had bathtubs (as our personal preference, we only book with hotels which have bathtubs) - we were advised that EVERY room has a bathtub - excellent, so we booked. We arrived all the way from New Zealand (19 hours of flight-time) at approximately 11:00pm to arrive to a major disappointment. NO BATHTUB! We phoned the desk from our room and were advised "sorry, there's nothing we can do as all rooms with a bathtub are taken". We then advised that prior to booking we were advised that ALL ROOMS have a bathtub - "no sorry, you were told wrong, and there's nothing I can do but you are welcome to leave". Then my husband went downstairs and spoke to the "duty manager" who then finally relented and looked up to see who would be checking out the following morning so we could get a room with a bathtub. We were then promised a room with a bathtub by 12:00 midday, but by the next morning, the woman at the desk advised "sorry, but they are now checking out at 4:00pm", so we asked for a refund for the first day since the whole inconvenience had ruined a whole entire travel day (WE had been trying to sort out this mess OURSELVES all night long and the following morning by arranging a room with a bathtub) - their reply "sorry, there's nothing I can do" - she didn't even offer any complimentary gestures as a way of saying sorry for the inconvenience caused by this ridiculous hotel! We would have loved to have checked out and moved to another hotel, however, upon such short notice and only arranging three days in New York, time was very restricted. This hotel is PERFECT FOR BACKPACKERS WHO HAVE MONEY! The hotel is so small and running on a strictly cheap budget that there is no doorman in the morning upon check-out. It has been two days since we checked out and yes, we are still itching like crazy! This hotel does NOT guarantee to deliver.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank noexcusesforyou
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We sincerely regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. In order to accommodate all guests preferences, we carry rooms that have the raindrop shower alone, and rooms that have a raindrop shower with a Jacuzzi tub. We normally accommodate these preferences for our guests however your request was not communicated to us prior to your arrival. All requests are subject to availability and due to the time that you had checked in, we unfortunately did not have any rooms with a Jacuzzi Tub available at that moment. I am pleased we were able to provide you a room move the very next day to an accommodation with a Jacuzzi Tub.

We are concerned that you experienced some type of itching during your night’s sleep. In order to ensure that bed bugs do not irritate our guests, we have exterminators check the hotel on a regular basis. You may also input our address, 130 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036 to the bed bug registry (http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/NY/New-York/Chatwal) which will confirm we do not carry bed bugs.

Had you brought your condition to our attention during your stay, we would have swiftly provided you with a House Doctor who would have prescribed a remedy for you.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your reservation in greater detail. You may contact me at lmiller@thechatwalny.com or call the hotel at 212.764.6200 and ask to speak with Lance.

I look forward to our correspondence.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My bf and I go to New York quite regularly, and this time choose the Chatwal hotel. We have stayed in the W, Waldorf, Ritz, etc... and the service is excellent. This is truly a boutique hotel with it being a smaller property, but don't let that turn you off as the service is custom tailored. When getting out of the taxi, we had our bags taken care of right away and directed towards the check in counter. We had no problems at check in, and received a complimentary room upgrade which was a pleasant surprise. From that moment on after check in to our departure, all the staff were attentive, and knew our names, or took the time to introduce themselves.
One of the most memorable was when in the elevator, and Brandon took the time to talk to my bf about his glasses, and how he had the same one.

As previous posters have said, the rooms aren't super big, but this being NYC, this was expected, but the room was gorgeous. Leather closet doors that looked like trunks, an excellent bar area, and a comfortable big bed. The bathroom is amazing. While there was no bathtub, the shower made up for it as it was very large, and the toilet was quite neat with all these japanese style options. The amenities provided were also excellent.

We also used the butler service to have our shoes shined, and clothes pressed before dinner.
Had a chance to use the pool, and gym facilities, which were adequate, but they were working with the space they had.

The location was very close to Times Square, so that was convenient, but isolated so the noise and traffic would not affect your stay.
Our four night stay was quite pleasant, however you get what you pay for, and the Chatwal is pricey. Was it worth it? I would say yes because of the excellent service, and the upgrade. Thank you Chatwal for our excellent stay, and will definitely consider you again for our destination hotel in NYC.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jia24
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Jia24,

Thank you for taking the time to share you’re the details of your visit from The Chatwal NY.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It is satisfying to know that you felt personally attended to by our team. As we are a boutique hotel, the intimate level of service our guests receive is one of the most unique aspects about an experience at The Chatwal NY.

We are delighted to know you appreciated your accommodation and the amenities offered in room as well.

Should we have the opportunity to host you for a return visit in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if there is anything I may be able to assist you with.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Took a Veterans Day weekend trip to The Chatwal for our anniversary. We used our Starwood points for the room. Little pricey, but it's a nifty hotel. The lobby area is small, but with gorgeous Art Deco. Interior of The Lambs Club restaurant is also really lovely. It's right off Times Square, so location is good for most things.

Rooms at the Chatwal aren't super big, but this is NYC and this is a retro location, so I didn't expect massive space. What they lack in size, they make up for in appointments. The rooms are done up kind of like I'd imagine a 1920s cruise ship. Leather doors with leather handles, kind of like old time steamer trunks. Lots of cubbies and efficient use of space. Cool bar. Bathrooms are awesome. As others have mentioned, the toilets have an unreal number of functions--bidet, seat warmer, air dry. Too many functions, really, but fun when you're on vacation.

Our room was facing the alley, so nothing great on the view. But the room was nice enough that it didn't matter. Wish the bed had been a bit more comfy and higher off the floor--all the beds seemed very, very low--but overall I was pretty happy with the space. Service was great as well. Free shoe shine and you have a butler who can handle things like pressing your suit or dress for dinner.

Did have a bad situation, which highlights the excellence of the service. We'd been given a room with a connecting door. Unfortunately, next door were three single guys having a weekend in the city and the noise was unreal. Like they were standing right next to you talking in your ear while you were trying to sleep. So we got to participate when they got room service at 2 a.m. when they got up at 8:30 and then again when the maids came in to clean at 9. After the first night, we complained to the desk and they gave us a new room.

We went out for the day and when we came back, they'd packed all of our things and moved them for us. And they were thorough--they even found the charger my husband had left plugged into the wall. So have to give them credit for the assist.

That said, if you walk into your room and there's a connecting door and you're not with the people staying in the next room, immediately get a new one. You will hear everything.

Overall I enjoyed it. Honestly, I was probably expecting a little more for the level, so I wouldn't say it exceeded my expectations, but it was very nice. My gold status didn't really get us much of anything, so can't say Starwood helped much, other than to use the points. It's not inexpensive. It was 30,000 points plus per night, and more than $700 if we'd paid out of pocket. Not out of sync for this level in NYC, but the St. Regis was on the same point level and I can't say I think it's better than that.

Bottom line--if you're looking for something retro and cool, it's great. If you need something more modern or a lot of space, probably not for you.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms with connecting doors unless you're with the people in the next room. Too much noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple