“A Great Tour With a Bad Ending”
Review of NYSee Tours

Central Park Secrets - Walking Tour
Ranked #104 of 684 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join us on our new Secret Central Park Tour. On foot, through dappled lanes, you will discover Northern Central Park, an unexplored, and lightly traveled revelation to both New Yorkers and visitors alike. Central Park is enormous; eight hundred and forty-three wooded acres, and within those confines are hidden enclaves that are rarely seen by out-of-towners. The Park abounds with waterfalls, ravines and deeply wooded arbors, bird sanctuaries, a willow tree-shaded loch, and formal gardens.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The five hour tour of Brooklyn was enjoyable and interesting. The tour guide Fred was knowledgeable and he had a good loud voice. In fact almost everything about this tour was satisfactory except the end. As the tour wound down (after 4 hours and 15 minutes) Fred advised us he had only booked the tour Bus for 4 hours and so we were going to have to get ourselves back to the starting point (where our car was parked) by taking two subways. Huh? when have you ever taken a tour that didn't end where it started. I guess this was a way for Fred (also the Tour Operator) to save money, but a poor way to end what was otherwise a nice tour. Pretty unprofessional.

NYSeeTours, Owner at NYSee Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Just to set the record straight, the description on our website clearly states that we take the L train back to Manhattan. Our Manhattan tour also has states this. We advise leaving your car in Manhattan so you can easily access it after the tour via all subway lines.

"At tours end your guide will accompany you back to Manhattan on the subway via the L line, which connects you to all major subway lines in the city."

All reviews
in 170 reviews
"brooklyn"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent 4 days in NYC and I think this was one of my favorite parts about the trip. Our tour guide, Fred, was so much fun, so informative and it was so fun to hear all about NY(from a native New Yorker) and the history, architecture and just fun facts that you probably wouldn't read in a travel book. I recommend taking the tour early in your trip. I learned a lot and kept noticing some of the things he had mentioned on the tour as we visited other parts of the city. I highly recommend! Can't think of anything he could have done to make it better or more interesting!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just got back from our 3 day stay in NYC. This tour with NYSee Tours
was the best I have been on. It is well worth the money. Fred was great. We
learned so much about the city and saw so many things. He told us so many
things that weren't just facts they were part of his life and it made the tour
so much more interesting. Well done. I recommend it to any one visiting NYC.
We learned more in the 5 plus hrs then we ever thought we could. Good job
Fred you are one of NYC's greatest assets...Don't forget to bring good walking
shoes and a camera for some fantastic pics. See you on our next trip Fred!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I enjoyed everything about this tour. Our tour guide, Fred, was awesome and I learned so much about NYC. I have been to NYC before but have never realized all of the history behind it. It's one thing to just see an attraction but to know the ins and outs about it means so much more. I would have never covered this much of the city on my own. Fred is definitely passionate about NYC and it shows! I would highly recommend this to everyone that visits!