“FAMILY OUTING FOR XMAS” 5 of 5 bubbles

New York City International Express Tour
Ranked #126 of 585 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: What sets our New York tours apart? We offer our guests a combination walking/subway riding New York City tour. We'll cover a lot of ground, and experience the city in an intimate, unique way.
Staten Island, New York
“FAMILY OUTING FOR XMAS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

My adult daughter, son and my 15yr old granddaughter and myself went on the tour. I purchased the trip on Groupon. It was a very good tour.They only thing is when we met at Macy's was that there was other tour buses loading up and it became very confusing as to which line we were suppose to be on. The bus was very nice and the seats were very comfy. I also have to comment on when we took a bathroom break at Nathan's. That was a disaster. That was not the tours fault thou. Long line and not clean restrooms.
Tour was very good. Learned somethings about New York that I didn't know about. We were all born on Staten Island expect my granddaughter, she was born in New Jersey. So I guess we are natives of the Big Apple. I did know some the facts that he was talking about but, when we got to Brooklyn. I was lost. I know nothing about Brooklyn. Like I said earlier, The tour was very informative.
We loved the lights in Dyker Heights, my party took lots of pictures.

NYSeeTours, Owner at NYSee Tours, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello, Staten Island! Thanks for your review. As we always say, we love touring New Yorkers who walk away from our tour with a bulk of information they didn't have before. So important to learn about our great city that we live in! Apologies for the bathroom break -- it was our best solution, as our planned stop was destroyed in the Hurricane Sandy.

And we'd love to see some the photos you took! Please feel free to share on our Facebook page. Thanks again for touring with NYSee Tours!

New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour with interesting sights and fun information!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I took the Christmas Light Tour, and it was the best time and money we could have spent. I am actually a resident in New York, and I still found myself learning facts and seeing unseen sights of the city. The reviewer calling Fred "disrepectful" could not be further from the truth- it makes me sad that post is even on here. Fred made a point to individually talk with all people on the tour, treat everyone with respect, and was consistently asking if anyone had any questions or wanted to know other fun facts about the city. He even asked us all if we were satisfied with the route of the tour since he had previously heard complaints about some of the stops from previous tour-takers. Fred also knew his stuff- I was expecting a tour just of seeing lights around the city, however all along the way Fred was telling fun anecdotes an interesting facts that made me fall in love with my city even more.

Bottom line, I will 100% consider taking NYSee tours in the future and recommend them to both tourists and residents who are interested in the city.

1 Thank Abby L
NYSeeTours, Owner at NYSee Tours, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Hi Abby! Thanks for your review -- and from a fellow New Yorker, at that! Fantastic. We appreciate you telling everyone about how great this Christmas Lights Tour really is, because we work hard to provide this service to our guests, and some of the previous reviews haven't done it all justice.

Since you're in town, we'd love to meet up for a coffee or drink if you're ever available. And looking forward to seeing you again on tour at some point. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Christmas lights tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently took this company's tour to Dyker Hights and a few other places. Hindsight, I would have taken a car service there instead of this tour, given the price for seven people to attend this tour. I enjoyed Dyker Heights and the view of the Manhatten skyline, but the rest wasn't great.
1: our tour guide did have some fun information, but he seemed to be "winging it" for some of the time
2: we made a restroom stop at a Nathan's fast food restaurant that has a nasty one stall bathroom (per sex) where we had to wait in line to use, wasting the time we've spent $50 on for the tour
3: the viewing of Macy's windows should not be included in the tour, as there is no way to keep up with a tour guide in that large crowd of people.
With a few updates this could be a great tour, however I feel like I've wasted my money and time.

NYSeeTours, Owner at NYSee Tours, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi, and thanks for review. We're sorry to hear you feel this way. Most people love our Christmas Lights Tour! Our guides are all professional, and native New Yorkers with a wealth of info about our city. So we're surprised to hear you felt he was "winging it". Also, for bathrooms, unfortunately our original place for a bathroom stop was destroyed in Hurricane Sandy. So we had to scramble to find a solution, and this was the best one.

In any case, we appreciate your constructive feedback and will definitely take it into consideration when designing next year's tour. Happy Holidays!
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“treated with disrespect”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My fiancé and I had issues with the information on our ticket voucher and we were forgotten in an email confirming time and place for tour pickup. we wound up missing the tour bus. I contcated the company when I got back home only to be treated with appaling disrespect and aggression on the owner's part (Fred) He sent me emails belittling my fiancé and I, treating us as idiots who could not follow simple instruction, only to confirm later that we never got the correct inormation. Instead of refunding us they offered a free tour next time, after treating us horribly, I would never take them up on that free tour.They threw the blame around and never apologized for their inappropriate behaviour. I am apalled at their customer service and would never recoomend them.-

3 Thank Sabrina M
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Took this tour last night. It was supposed to p/u at Macy's and drop us off in the Village. Most of our tour wanted to be brought either back to Macy's or Uptown. Fred was gracious and accommodated us. We went to Dykstra and walked, wonderful lights and scenery. We went to Brooklyn Heights, great views. Walked the promende, also great, we drove through DUMBO and over the bridge. All the while Fred was giving us background and history. I am a born and bred New Yorker and I found this trip great. I did not even know of many of the areas we visited. Thanks Fred for a wonderful evening.

NYSeeTours, Owner at NYSee Tours, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hi Barbara, thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate your note on Fred, our owner, "accommodating" your tour by bringing you guys back uptown. This level of personalization is exactly what we are going for!

And, not to mention, we love touring locals around and hearing that they've discovered new things about our great city. There's so much to discover, after all! From Fred and all of us at NYSee Tours, we say "you're welcome!" for your wonderful evening. We'd love to see you next time you're in the city, since you're just "over the river"!

Thanks again!