“Good Greek option in the city”

Dafni Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Dafni Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,133 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: Times Square NQRW, 123, S, close to Port Authority ACE.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall the food was very good, the spreads were delicious. This is a place where they don't rush you to eat like so many places so if you want quick this is not the place, if you want a quiet, able to have a conversation place, this is it. You can make reservations on OpenTable so you don't have to wait!

1  Thank TXMARTINS

Reviewed September 16, 2013

There were 9 of us. I picked the restaurant because there were 2 vegetarians in the group, and many fish lovers. Appertizers were good. The "spreads" (we ordered 3 kinds) were delicious. Service was OK but could be more attentive, and a little quicker - we were catching an 8 o'clock show. Food quality is good. I only wish they did not wait to serve when all dishes were done, the steak was good, yet the fish dishes (most of us ordered) were luke warm. The lamb chop was bland. Choose potato over rice, much better!
I'll give it another try with a small group of friends next time. I think the experience will be better.

1  Thank Bonotang
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Overall not a bad experience. We didn't have reservations but got right in after a recommendation by a neighboring shop owner. Our server took quite a long time to get get our drink orders, and then one of my appetizers never showed up. I think he may have been a new waiter so perhaps at the time of this review he's improved. But the food was very good which is ultimately the most important.

1  Thank GinaZocn
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our party of two arrived a little after 8pm on a Summer's evening without a reservation but were seated immediately. Service was quick and proactive, asking if we had any questions about the food (which I did, and was promptly replied to). I chose a grilled shrimp with tomato, feta cheese and olive sauce on a bed of rice and was not disappointed; it tasted great. The ambiance is very quiet though very dark too. Unfortunately there is only one place where you can wash your hands but it is within the only unisex restroom, so I had to resort to my alcohol gel. I recommend the restaurant for a couple on a date and would come back again happily. This restaurant looked posh and expensive, but revealed itself to be casual and affordable.

1  Thank Joao Paulo C
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went in with my family [5 people] since it was the closest one to the parking lot. The experience wasn't good, the service was 5 stars; however the food was watered down and WASHED in oil. If the food was any good they would have made a new customer, OH and there were bums sitting outside the window who just kept staring at us the entire time. I tried both the lamb chops with potatoes & salmon with rice both were HORRIBLE, also the staff has the same entrance as the customers and there were 5 members of the staff just sitting there talking while we were the only customers there. OVERSTAFFED