“New Year's eve at TGI Friday's 2015...”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #10,045 of 14,662 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 12, 2015

First of all, I must tell you that before purchasing the tickets I had read some reviews about this event here at tripadvisor. Still, I decided to spend new years eve at tgi since it was my girlfriend s dream...
Having said that, in first place the food was not terrible:because there was no food!!! Just a few chicken fingers for 200 people. Drinks: yeah, that s trhe only positive comment I have about this event.
Secondly, since we have bought the general admission tickets, we only gain access to a basement (a basement? really??) with no windows, almost no chairs, nothing. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO SPEND NEW YEARS EVE AT TGI, SPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE BALLDROP, WHICH AS YOU CAN IMAGINE WE DIDN'T SEE AT ALL...
But the worst aspect I have to tell you (and it surprised me) is the organization. We arrived there 2 hours before the opening. After having made a line for an hour or so, I guy (no ID, no nothing, just a guy from the street) told us (and the rest of the line) we were making the wrong line....ahhhhrrrrggggg!!!!
To sum up: the worst new year s eve EVER.

5  Thank Matias L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed January 11, 2015 via mobile

We visited TGI Fridays Times Square for new years eve 2014/15 and it was great! There was a queue before the doors opened and it was freezing and it was a little slow getting us in, but other than that the night was flawless. We had booked the vip seated seats through crave. We were taken to our seats downstairs which was a table for 4 with nachos and new years eve hats etc already ready for us. Our waitor brought our drinks to the table all night so we didnt have to queue for them. We had a starter platter brought out which was lovely. There was a large room with the dj in and the music was great all night! Lots of people were dancing and the atmosphere was great. At 11.45 we were allowed to go out onto times square to watch the ball drop which completed the night! It was a wonderful new years eve and a great way to celebrate our engagement which happened that day :) if im lucky enough to visit new york over new year again i will be booking tickets to tgi fridays again!!

Reviewed January 10, 2015

I went to TGIF NYC 761 7th Ave with my wife and our 2 children. A 6 year old and an 12 month old baby. The food took well over an hour to arrive despite the restaurant being half full. To keep the baby occupied during the wait, he played with the sugar packets on the table. We picked them off the floor twice. After the meal we tipped the waiter over 20% and it wasn't enough for him. We tipped a guy who merely took the order, brought 3 drinks and 2 glasses of water. He never even brought the food, the kitchen did. Anyway the punk got on his hands and knees and took pictures on his cell phone of the 4-6 packets of sugar that remained on the floor, when we left right in front of us. I got a different burger than I ordered and my wife's meat was cooked to shoe-leather when she ordered med-well. We ate them cold anyway without complaining. The waiter on the third floor 7th avenue side, working the night of January 7'th 2015 is just an embarrassment to the whole chain and I regret tipping him at all. Hind-sight I regret not asking for my change back. I will never eat at TGIF again and will urge all not to. It's a shame, I used to like the chain a lot until this experience. Go to Hard Rock.

5  Thank Brian P
Reviewed January 8, 2015

On arriving at our hotel, we were starved. Airport food just didn't get it. Went to Fridays and had an early dinner. Food was excellent and service was remarkable considering how crowded it was at the time.

Reviewed January 7, 2015

We were all hungry and when in times square new york t g I fridays is always a safe bet great food , service was good , only sore point alcohol was very dear but hea we were in times square