““Bring your Comfortable Shoes and Patience””
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #9,617 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Make sure that you wear a good pair of tennis shoes and also fill your mental tank with patients!

I was staying at the Sheraton Times Square on one of my business trips and decided to go down TGI Friday’s and get a bite to eat. The restaurant was semi-empty and not too busy. I sat myself in the bar lounge and picked up a menu. The hostess walked over to me and asked if I was alone. I indicated that I was and would like to place my order. She followed up by saying “ you need to move because this area is set for 2 people or more. I was thrown back being that the place was nearly empty. So I moved to the bar. I waited for 10min. before the bar tender came over to take my order. 10min! and here I’m seeing 4 servers holding a full blown conversation with the hostess! Really! Well, my order was placed. It took another 20min. for pot stickers to be delivered. I’ve now been in the restaurant 30min. I decided to “WOLF” my food down in order to get back to the hotel see Monday Night Football. You guessed right! It took another 10min. to get my final bill. I’ve now have been in the place for 40min. I give my plastic form of payment and wait for the bill.. tic tok tic tok tic tok….10 min. later my processed bill comes for my signature.. I finally am able to leave “Hell’s Kitchen” in 50min. All I wanted was 6 measly pot stickers and a blue moon.. So, the lesson here is, If you don’t have time to spare and your mental tank is low, just mentally think about that Corona commercial being in New York but your thought are of you being in the Caribbean on the beach!!

1  Thank Angel A

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Not much to say, really. Only that I had a nice server who was prompt and good at her job. The meals were timely and of good quality. True to the standard of service and quality expected at every TGI Friday's restaurant

Reviewed October 12, 2012

the service was so slow, we saw 2 tables sit down and wait 10 minutes even for the server to ask them for a drink or water one table left after having drinks because the server took to long to take thier order, when she did come around she was chewing food and so un attentive, here we are waiting forever for her to take our order and shes enjoying her own meal. my food was so cold and bland the first time in my life i felt like not leaving a tip and i always tip 15 to 20 percent it was just the worst ever do not ever go there do yourself a favour and try anythin else instead...........

Reviewed October 11, 2012

TGIF near skyscraper museum near Statue of Liberty...
Unorganised Chaos is the only way to describe this place!!!!! Walked into restaurant to a sign that said wait to be seated Waited several minutes, should have walked out at this point already but didn't!? Finally directed down to the end of the restaurant only to be walked back up again and to be placed near the bar, No explanation on how to order. Once sat down bar man yelled across the bar to tell us we go up to order with him. Went up and ordered two sandwiches and drinks paid for in cash and he kept our change and no receipt given. Waited for what seemed like an eternity for two very poor sandwiches, One was meant to be toasted the other not, these arrived the wrong way round. Didn't complain as by this time far too hungry. Toilets were disgusting one door wouldn't shut, toilet roll all over the place and things hanging off the walls. General condition of the premises was appalling and dirty, would Have been cleaner to eat off a toilet seat!!! Spend your money somewhere else!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I had dinner at the TGIF on 5th Avenue NYC. Given it was a Friday night the restaurant was unsurprisingly very busy. However, there didn't appear to be enough waiters on duty - there were only 2 for the entire 2nd floor most of the time - and they were consequently not very attentive. We requested water 3 times, but it never showed up, neither did the free soda or dessert that was supposed to come with my son's kids meal. The food took about 40 minutes to arrive, though it was good. However, our biggest complaint was the fact that there were no prices displayed on the drinks menu. Moreover, when we asked the waiter what the cost of the drinks were, he didn't appear to know. I can only presume this is a tactic to enable TGIF to vary its pricing depending on the day of the week and how busy the restaurant is at the time.