“Enjoyed a dinner at Dave's after seeing "Spiderman"”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #5,464 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We saw an evening production of Spiderman at the Foxwoods Theatre and hadn't eaten before going to the show. When we walked out, there was Famous Dave's across the street and they had seats available without a wait. We ordered four different meals with four different food allergy problems. Each person found something on the menu that worked and was very pleased with both the food and the service. We would have preferred the volume of the music being played through the PA system be somewhat less as between the restaurant noise and the blaring music, we found ourselves shouting across the table to each other.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Passing time before going to a show and went in here for a drink beforehand thinking we'd eat here afterwards. Met by a friendly enough front of house young woman. We explained we only wanted drink for the moment but our son wanted some chips. She explained we should sit at the bar but as there were no seats we could have a table. A young man came to take our order. Asked my husband what he wanted and when he gave his drink order, the waiter turned to me and asked what i wanted..totally ignoring my husband. When i said i wanted a glass of white wine he told me to go and sit at the bar! I said we had come here as a family and why should i have to go to the bar by myself. He replied that if i wasn't eating then thats where i have to go (even though there was obviously no room!). I then asked him why he took my husbands order of a beer without him been told to go and sit at the bar, and his reply was that he was deaf in the left ear and didnt take is order! And none of this conversation was polite! Rude rude rude. We got our order, my son got his chips and we got the bill! Service charge added without our consent! Okay, some places do that so we paid BUT he kept our change as well! Now i admit it was pennies, or in this case "cents" but that is not the point. We did not get the correct change, we were charged for a service we did not get. It infuriates me that someone who clearly does not understand the service he is in and is such a diva continues to be employed whilst there are many others who would jump at the chance to have that job. Alex was the name on the receipt which was never returned to us despite asking for it. We did not go back for our meal after the show but went to bubba gumps instead where customer care was delivered in abundance. I would never go back here nor recommend it. Whether the food is good is irrelevant if you are made to feel unwelcome and receive such rudeness. If his left ear is such a problem that he cant take orders, then that needs addressing but do not blame the customer ... Forgoing his 'disability' he was so rude that it may be best to send him Behind the scenes, ie to wash the dishes in the kitchen!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We wanted a quick bite after a Broadway matinee, but should have gone elsewhere. The grilled chicken sandwich was dry and the bun was soggy. The mashed potatoes tasted like they came from a box.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friends and I ate at Famous Dave's in Times Square on our first day in NY. There were 6 in our party and we did get seated right away (the only positive in the experience).

First off, it took forever for our waiter to finally come over and get our drink order. Then, when he did come, he took two of our drink orders and walked away without taking the other 4 orders. The, when he came back we figured we better order our appetizers before he walked off again. Took one of our appetizer orders and walked off again. I think the issue was, he told us he was deaf in his left ear which made it difficult of him to hear, but I'm not sure what the walking off in the middle of the orders had to do with that.

When we got our acutal meals, the food was cold, but we were so hungry from traveling all day, we ate it. This was the worst Famous Dave's experience ever. Don't let the quick seating fool you, this place was empty for a reason!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Famous Daves BBQ makes some pretty decent BBQ for a chain. The brisket can be a little dry at times but usually is flavorful after some sauce is added. The cornbread is good. Prices here are high.