“Not such a great place!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #3,822 of 14,431 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friends and I ate at Famous Dave's in Times Square on our first day in NY. There were 6 in our party and we did get seated right away (the only positive in the experience).

First off, it took forever for our waiter to finally come over and get our drink order. Then, when he did come, he took two of our drink orders and walked away without taking the other 4 orders. The, when he came back we figured we better order our appetizers before he walked off again. Took one of our appetizer orders and walked off again. I think the issue was, he told us he was deaf in his left ear which made it difficult of him to hear, but I'm not sure what the walking off in the middle of the orders had to do with that.

When we got our acutal meals, the food was cold, but we were so hungry from traveling all day, we ate it. This was the worst Famous Dave's experience ever. Don't let the quick seating fool you, this place was empty for a reason!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Famous Daves BBQ makes some pretty decent BBQ for a chain. The brisket can be a little dry at times but usually is flavorful after some sauce is added. The cornbread is good. Prices here are high.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The prices were outrageous. The service pretty good. The food was fair. The atmosphere was fair. Value POOR. I ordered baby back ribs for $29. They were not hot barely warm. My wife ordered coleslaw and got French fries . Table of 12 and we asked for butter and we were awarded 6 pats. Just not the Dave's I have been to back home. Unless you have a party of 12 and need immediate seating, I would look elsewhere.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a very good meal. I was answering a question by my daughter and when I told her yes, wasn't aware that the waiter had come up behind me and asked if I wanted another glass of wine so when I told my dtr yes, he thought I wanted another glass. Had a good laugh about it. No bother, wine was good. We all had bbq. the sides were not hot, looked as though they had some wait staff call in sick.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I LOVE going to Famous Daves back at home, and we always love our meals there, so when we saw there was a Famous Daves in time square, We really wanted to try it. So once we got there we were seated relatively quickly and then we waited to place our drink order. And then we waited...and then we waited some more. I went to the bathroom, and came back, still no one. Then my husband went and came back...still no one. Just as I was about to get up to go find someone our waitress finally showed up to take our drink order.

We ordered our meals then too, because we were afraid she wouldn't come back anytime soon. Another thing I had a problem with was the prices. All the dishes were $5 to $10 more expensive than the ones on the menu back home. Ridiculous. Almost $20 for 4 ribs and some side dishes?

I will give it to them that they brought our food rather quickly, however the quality wasn't as good as the food at other Famous Daves' we've visited. Also, our waitress didn't stop by our table once... Not to ask if we wanted refills, or to see how our food was. She just stood and talked to her friends at the bar. We had to keep looking back at the bar so she would finally see we were ready for our check.

And it's a good thing I looked over the bill, because they include a 17% tip on ALL bills, which they don't tell you except for a tiny spot on the receipt. Perhaps this is why the staff is so careless, since they don't have to worry about getting tipped...

Anyways long story short... I love famous daves, and I definitely recommend trying out your local one, however, I would not recommend going to the one in time square. Terrible service, low quality food, and high prices.

1  Thank Taylor C