“Terrible food awful service”

Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,645 of 13,638 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
New York City, New York
“Terrible food awful service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We took our family for a lunch at Fratelli on Dec. 2nd. We were a party of three adults and two kids. The bread they served was actually pizza crust, no real bread. We ordered Italian cabernet . the wine was weak and not worth and very ordinary. We ordered a large cheese pie for kids. We also ordered chicken Marsala and walnut crusted salmon. The pizza was ok. The walnut crusted salmon , that we ordered medium to well done came over burnt and dry. The broccoli rabe accompanying the dish had no flavor, taste and was dry. The chicken Marsala was so-so. What a disappointing experience. The salmon was the worst that I tasted in my life. Mind you this a not a cheap eats place. The menu is highly overpriced.

Would never recommend anyone to eat at Fratelli.

• Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
“Not worth trying”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a Friday evening with friends and has the worst pizza I have ever eaten. How could a place that markets itself for pizza make them so poorly? The other people were not impressed with their meals and the menu is way overpriced. Will not be returning here - bad pizza in NYC? Unheard of!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great service good food, GREAT Sangria”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Bread basket is excellent. HAd fresh mozzarella app...yummy. My dining companion REALLY enjoyed his chicken parm, I had the pear salad, not too bad, but not the greatest. Could have had more gorgonzola and walnuts.

The 2 Sangrias went down easily. :)

• Visited July 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Fantastic Pizza and Fast Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We found this place by accident on a business trip and it was great. The pizza has a nice thin crust with a flavorful sauce and the toppings were fresh and tasty. We were seated immediately and our waiter was very attentive. Drinks were refilled regularly and the food came right away. I will eat again when I am in the city and I would highly recommend.

• Visited June 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Fratelli’s was suggested as a good place for Italian food. We called ahead for them to reserve a table about a half hour before our arrival and our table was ready when we arrived. Our server was very attentive and helpful, especially with young kids and providing an alternative for them that isn’t on their menu. I had a pasta dish and it was very good. I also enjoyed the bread that was given as an appetizer and the topping for it. Most dishes run in the $14 - $20 range which is acceptable for a restaurant such as this. Overall a good experience and I’d recommend it.

• Visited March 2012