“Made our New York holiday fabulous!”
Review of 710 Guest Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
710 Guest Suites
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Our 710 Suites apartment was exactly what the web, and reviews said - it lived up to every expectation plus more. Michael makes it extra special, his personal attention, greeting us at 11pm on a rainy night as if we were family returning from a long holiday, providing us with maps, and more importantly tips of things to do and see, and restaurants both in Harlem and beyond. As well as the occasional text as to things to do while visiting! Staying in and exploring Harlem (Michael gave us a walking tour map with his personal highlights) was brilliant, and we found a wonderful district that most tourist don't venture into. Everything you need is inside the apartment, as well as just on your doorstep - subway, deli, 24 hour supermarket and a great wine store. We are already recommending to all our family and friends..... and we miss NYC, 710 suites and Michael!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I could almost give 710 Suites a "five" based on host, Michael's welcome alone! We arrived much earlier than we expected at 7.30 am on a freezing cold Sunday morning after a long,sleepless flight. We contacted Michael from the airport and he cheerfully agreed to meet us and hold our luggage and to get us into our room by 1.30, even though check in was 3pm. He then literally walked us down to the subway and helped us buy our weekly tickets! He proceeded to give us some great ideas about things to do until check in. He really is a great host, with plenty of suggestions about things to do in the neighbourhood,restaurant recommendations and advice as needed. He is like an unobtrusive tour advisor.

The 2 bedroom apartment ( suite 4) is clean and comfortable and very spacious for New York. We loved the location at 145th. The neighbourhood is good, local restaurants great, supermarket, bank and pharmacy all very close walk. The subway is brilliant with A,B,C and D trains all going by at regular intervals,y that get you to all the places of interest in minutes. We never felt unsafe even travelling home with the kids after 10.30 pm. We also enjoyed the local historical walk Michael suggested,which included the lovely brownstones around the area.

Michael once again helped us get a car when we left. We were really sorry to leave. For first timers to New York, this is such a gem of a place to stay as Michael is so helpful,it eases you into a great city that might otherwise be a little overwhelming. For those who have stayed in the hustle and bustle of midtown before, give this place a try- it gives you so much more space and is great value. Suite 4 is up 4 flights of stairs, so choose a lower floor if that would present a problem, I personally thought it was good to burn off some of those holiday calories!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

WOW was what went through my head when I arrived, it still did every morning when I headed down stairs to make coffee. I have stayed in NYC many times, this place really has to top the lot!

The two bedroom duplex is breathtaking, the quality of the building and furnishing is simply 5 Star and I don't say that lightly, location wise its in Harlem a place I wasn't familiar with, I am now and I loved the area, the people are just so friendly!

Transport wise you have 145th on your doorstep and various express trains can rush you downtown in 15 minutes!

But the icing in the (Christmas) Cake (well it is December!) has to be Michael who runs and looks after you during your stay, I am normally quite a private person and like to be left alone, he looked after us perfectly and was the perfect host.

Don't waste your hard earned money paying for an expensive place downtown, this place is 5 times the size and you will love it!

We will be back!

Room Tip: Duplex is amazing, however I am in no doubt the other rooms in the building will bring a smile to yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived at 710 Guest Suites after a long 22 hour flight at around midnight and was very happy when we walked in the door of our one bedroom apartment.

Michael greeted us even at this late hour and was very helpful with information about the area, a list of restaurants to visit etc. Michael was an exceptional host even helping us with a private car after we had issues with our shuttle on arrival.

The apartment was equipped with everything you could possibly need, the ability to use a washing machine was fabulous and location fantastic. This was my 3rd trip to New York and wanted a different experience than a hotel and I certainly got it. Like other reviews, we did hear footsteps above us but didn't bother us too much but can see how it might worry others. Perhaps just a few thicker rugs or a little bit of carpet may fix this issue. I would have to say that this is my only flaw (which isn't really even a bit deal anyway) that I could find. Michael's enthusiasm for his apartments is very noticeable and deserves the ratings he has.

Subway so close, food options, supermarkets etc close by, locals are friendly and area very safe. If you are hesitating don't - we to were told by cab drivers that the place is out of the way, but seriously it is not. 10 minutes on a subway is not out of the way by any means.

If we ever visit New York again, we would definitely stay here again. Thanks Michael for all you did for us on our trip. It was truly appreciated.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a shuttle, we had a lot of trouble. Simply grab a cab - it's the same pri...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyasLarry76
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The loft apartment is perfect for a NYC sojourn -- excellently appointed with charming kitchen, living and dining areas; the suite boasts 2 bedrooms. The owner is hospitable and knowledgable about every aspect of the city, and has a deep abiding love for Harlem. The suite was sparkling clean, with every amenity -- you really can't go wrong with this. Also, the subway is right outside the door. Take the train downtown and arrive within minutes, but be sure to check out Harlem, too. Lots of great restos, including a brilliant neighbourhood cafe (Il Caffe latte) where the coffee is great and so is the breakfast burrito. My biggest regret is not stopping in the little storefront on 145th (West of St Nicholas) where the window is filled with Catholic statuettes to have my fortune told -- NEXT TIME, FOR SURE.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

What more can one add? We stayed in the two bedroom duplex for 10 nights and couldn't be happier - absolutely beautifully presented and very, very spacious! We hosted a number of dinners during our stay, making use of the fully appointed kitchen, large dining room table and two living areas. We did hear light footsteps above, but only on the odd occasion - we also could hear the soft rumble of the subway but again, this was no problem at all. For some, the location may be too far out, but given the proximity of the subway (1 minute away/ around the corner), there was no problem at all in getting to wherever we wanted to go - including using the express train. The neighbourhood felt safe, including travelling the subway late at night. This accommodation deserves its high rating - well done and thank you, Michael!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travellers408
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This duplex was very clean & provided all the essential of home. It's location is amazing. The subway was about 1 minute away. Micheal is a fabulous host. I really felt like I was coming home every evening. The bedrooms are very spacious. Bathrooms compare to luxury hotels. I look forward to visiting this rental every time I visit New York.

• Stayed: October 2013