“An updated brownstone in the heart of Harlem.”
Review of 710 Guest Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
710 Guest Suites
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found this apt brownstone on homeaway. From first contact the landlord Michael was helpful in securing our requested dates. Upon arrival Michael met us and provided us with local maps and establishments in the area. The apartment was clean, well decorated and appointed with all the features of being at home. Location was excellent, out of the busy downtown, right on the subway line and full of culture. Only drawback was the front door lock. We struggled daily to get in using the rocky lock! Great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Yes, we know it is in Harlem, but don't be afraid, the people is as you and me, I have feel secure in every moment.
It is also a good way to know another neigbourhood in Manhattan, and not only by the Gospel.

It has the subway just 20 meters from the entrance, and only 2 stops to reach Central Park south (10 minutes)

We were in the apartment 2, 4 people. Plenty of space, 2 rooms with 2 complete bathrooms and another one without shower, kitchen, dining room with place to relax and another saloon. The decoration is really nice and creates a really good atmosphere.

I must say that some days I have had some pitty for going downtown and not stay in the apartment.

The apartment is in two floors, and you must go trough the stairs to the rooms, perhaps this can be the only problem if you are too old or disabled.

The owner, Michael, helps you in any doubt that could appear during the stay and have good ideas and suggestions for having the perfect holidays.

This has been my second time in Manhattan and I would come here again if possible.

Thanks Michael and 710 Guest Suites

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We had apartment 3 for 7 nights and absolutely loved the place! It definately has the WOW factor! The outside space was lovely, enjoyed have breakfast outside in terrace and then wine at night! It is in New York which is not the quietest of places! Sirens, people etc.. However bedrooms are at the back so good nights sleep can be had! The transport links are excellent with the express A train downtown in no time at all. This area of Harlem is very welcoming with lovely people who really make u feel at home. Michael the owner and Tracey who welcomed us and spent time with us showing us maps/tube maps etc.. Cud not have been more helpful and welcoming. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay thankyou very much

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank kercol1
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I didn't expect a beautiful renovated and innovative duplex to be a state of art home. There was a bowl of fruits and bottle of wine with glasses welcoming us..
Extremely well equipped kitchen with coffee ground, spices, oil etc being available.
A beautiful barbecue grill at the patio. Few steps to the subway. A great place for a family gathering or a business retreat. You would have no regrets. The owner is easily available if you have any questions. Have washing machine and dryer down another floor. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked apartment 3 for 7 nights as we were travelling to NYC for the first time to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. We wanted to stay away from the tourist traps but still be comfortable and chose these apartments based on it's great reviews. It turned out to be everything we had hoped for.

From JFK it was an easy connection from the airtrain to the subway and the A train took us all the way uptown to 145th St station which you exit and then walk about 30m to the front door of the apartments, great location. Of course you could catch a cab from the airport but we prefer the subway experience and if you enjoy people watching then this is the thing to do. When you exit the subway at 145th you enter a real life vibrant Harlem neighborhood, what a cool place. The locals are a pretty friendly bunch and we never once felt unsafe even when returning home late at night.

Owner Michael was waiting for us when we arrived as I had text him when we left JFK and he was a most gracious and entertaining host. The apartment was beautiful and as it looked on the online photos. It had a homely feel which you just don't get in a hotel room. Michael provided a lot of local knowledge and was always available if we had any questions. My favourite spot was sitting on the front window sill watching the street life along St Nicholas Ave. The back balcony was also a great spot in the morning sun however we did not spend a lot of time in the apartment as we were out til all hours doing NYC! Importantly, the apartment was quiet and little noise was heard from the busy streets except for the emergency services who seem to enjoy "whooping" their sirens. The quietness was appreciated as we rapidly slipped into NY mode, out late and sleeping in.

For all you coffee addicts out there, we found a great local cafe called "The Chipped Cup" a few blocks walk away on Broadway and started most days there kick starting the brain. Harlem Public is also a cool little bar worth checking out for an awesome range of beers on tap and fantastic burgers, it gets busy though.

We bought a 7 day subway pass which also covers the bus network and found this got us everywhere we wanted to go without any drama and again, always felt safe. If you grab the express A train you will be in Times Square in 15-20min. There is an amazing diversity of people on public transport and despite getting busy at peak hours I was blown away how polite the locals were, even the beggars and street performers were amazingly polite.

Shopping in NY is awesome of course but one of the best shops we found was a local clothing store on Broadway which stocked the True Religion brand jeans my wife was after. Madison Ave this area is not but we like to support local businesses if possible and there are some hidden jems if you poke around. We were served by a super cool hispanic lady who should come to Australia and teach retailers here how to provide great service and walked out with way more than we planned.

In short, if you are looking for great apartment style accommodation in a vibrant safe "real life" New York suburb then this is the place to book, you won't be disappointed. Thanks to Michael for his wonderful hospitality and also for allowing us to store our bags on the last day due to our late flight out. We hope to get back one day.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in unit 3 from the 20th till 27 March 2013 with my daughter, husband and 2 friends. This was our first time travelling the the USA.. What a gem we found here... 5 star rating is well deserved.

From the first contact with the owner Michael to leaving the apartment the service was exceptional as is the apartment itself. The booking process is very easy, well explained and communication excellent. The apartment is bigger than it looks pictured is spotlessly clean, very comfy couches with plenty of seating.

The kitchen and bathroom are really well equipped with everything you need. Plus the extra touches that make 710 quest suites the best in NYC like beautiful soap and wine and flowers...

How amazing our stay was In New York. !!!!!

The bedding is very comfortable and the bedrooms are just lovely lots of hanging space, great lighting and a lovely outlook. Michael goes out of his way to ensure all the little extras are available to you when you arrive, taxi numbers, restaurants to visit , discount vouchers the list goes on.

I visited with my husband and teen-aged daughter as well as another couple, we found we had plenty of space and never once heard the other tenants even though all apartments were full. Being on the third floor be prepared to walk up stairs, after a week of doing this is becomes very easy but the first day with our luggage was a killer... really knew how unfit I was!!!!

The neighbourhood is fabulous, always felt safe, as others have said all conveniences just out the front of the brownstone, The Underground, ( which is brilliant gets you down-town so quick on the express) chemist/drug-store, restaurants, food and vegs..

I have to say as a Coffee snob I found it really hard to get good coffee anywhere in the US.. I think we are very spoilt in Australia when it comes to great coffee, but having said that coffee is available on most corners.. Starbucks everywhere.

I have to say a big thank-you to Tracy who was there to greet us when we arrived, she had the apartment so warm on a freezing day in NYC.. And was so very welcoming I felt very fortunate.. Thanks Tracy !!

So in conclusion DON'T HESITATE TO BOOK... you will not regret staying at this beautiful apartment.. I hope one-day to be fortunate enough to come back.. I have told all my family and friends to stay..

PERFECT IN EVERYWAY... thats guys
Kym anf family Australia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank daughterash
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are a family of four from the UK, with kids aged 14 & 11. Booked on the strength of the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor I must admit I was still a little concerned that the apartment might be a little too “uptown” or that Harlem might be a rather dodgy neighbourhood. I needn’t have worried on either count. First of all, what’s not obvious from some of the reviews is how easy and quick it is to get the (very safe) subway down to central/downtown Manhattan – the subway is 2 minutes from the apartment and it’s only 2 or 3 stops & less than 15 minutes to get to mid-town. The neighbourhood is safe and actually very interesting and historic – the owner Michael (who as everyone else has already reported is incredibly helpful and welcoming) suggests a little walking tour of the locality which is well worth it. The apartment itself was just superb – roomy, well-stocked, tastefully decorated, large flat screen TV (big plus with the kids), Wifi (even bigger plus) – it was so lovely to have a proper “home” for the family to return to and crash out after a day’s sightseeing around NYC. Oh, and you can walk to the Yankees stadium from here too. Thanks Michael for a making our trip so fantastic - I will be recommending 710 Guest Suites to everyone I know!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family