“Great location and hotel”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #188 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. We had a room on the top floor with a view of the Empire State Building. Our room was compact but well-designed to maximize the space. They have a Keurig in the room that offers both coffee and tea. There is a rooftop lounge above this fllor that blasts music, but even as a light sleeper, I didn't hear a sound when I went to bed. The room was nicely decorated and I loved the walk-in shower instead of a bathtub. The room was kept very clean. My only complaint about the room were the towels. They were a little raggedy in our room. This location is perfect! We were easily able to walk to Madison Square Garden/Penn Station or catch a cab to a Broadway show or to the Village. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor, ask for view of Empire State bldg.
1  Thank Cali S
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear kolican,

We always appreciate when guests take the time to provide us with such great feedback.
We are happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback about towel condition.
Do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning to revisit NYC so we can definitely assure you with Empire state building view room!

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,549)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night, everything was OK, employees at check in and check out were really helpful. The room is small, but thats the way almost all hotels are in NY if you dont want to pay big cash,
The only bad thing about this hotel I could tell you, is that when we got to our room there was some toilet paper in the toilet, not dirty but this is not normal. Oh and no one to help with your bags, the doorman just saw how me and my wife got our bags out of the cab.
Good location in fashion district.
The room wasnt noisy at all, NY can get noisy at night if you sleep in a lower floor in some hotels.
The next day I stayed at the Hilton garden inn, it was cheaper and a more basic hotel, but at this Hilton they charged you for wi fi, and in Garden Inn it was free.

Room Tip: Try to get the highest floor available.
2  Thank jpmfv

Dear jpmfv,

Thank you for the nice review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
However we do apologize we did not meet your expectation of room condition.
Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are planning a visit to New York City so that I would like to provide you a complimentary wi-fi for your next stay!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Fashion District recently for work. Hotel is fine. The staff were really excellent. Very friendly and accommodating. I had two complaints: 1) My room was a bit rundown. For a new hotel, I was surprised that things did not seem cleaner, crisper. 2) The hotel is loud. Kind of thin walls. Loud area of NYC, but it was too loud for me. Nothing bad, just a bit of an annoyance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Im_with_Bobo

Dear Im_with_Bobo,

We are glad to know you enjoyed our wonderful hospitality from our staffs however I do apologize for the inconvenience with room condition and noise issue. We will definitely share your comment with management and try to improve our service and to prevent from repeating.
We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback.
Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This a great hotel with modern rooms and nice amenities. The staff is warm and welcoming. the restaurant serves a great made-to-order breakfast. There is also a buffet. Dinners are excellent as well. I recommend it for business or family travel when in Manhattan.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank William B

Dear William B,

Thank you for being a loyal guest at Hilton New York Fashion District!
We are trying our best to provide the best hospitality so thank you so much for this awesome review!
We cannot wait to welcome you back and provide another great stay with us!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great location, easy access to all of N.Y. from this location. Nice clean hotel, staff very helpful, good food and pleasant employees. Would recommend to anyone, will stay again. Nice location in the Fashion District, close to all major events and important areas of the city. It's very safe and clean hotel with staff always wanting to help. Great Red Roof lounge and view of city, nice to take pictures at night.

1  Thank Austreberto P

Dear Austreberto P,

Thank you for 5 stars review of your recent stay with us!
It's wonderful to know you enjoyed everything about your stay from the restaurant to the rooms and service!
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future and wow you again.
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is my favorite place to stay when I'm in New York. I always try this hotel first and snag it if it is available. It is pretty, clean, and has a good restaurant and a rooftop bar. The staff is friendly and helpful. I've always had a great experience, but this last trip brought it to a new level. I left my glasses behind and the staff couldn't be more helpful in finding them and getting them sent back to me quickly. A big shout-out to Michael Schiller, the Housekeeping Manager, who took the time to call me, package up my glasses so they didn't get crushed, save me money sending them back, and then followed it up with an email to let me know they were on their way. You just don't get customer service like this anymore! Michael Schiller, you are awesome!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Crista F
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Crista F,

We are thrilled to hear we are your favorite hotel in NYC!
We are trying our best to provide the best hospitality so thank you so much for this awesome comment about us especially Michael, Housekeeping Manager!
We cannot wait to welcome you back and provide another great stay with us!
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

the Hilton has fair sized rooms and bathrooms, a really comfortable bed, clean rooms, nice lobby, central location- we had a great stay overall. There is free AT&T Wi-Fi if you are an AT&T customer. No ice machines but you can call for ice to be brought to your room. Mini bar but not the kind where you can make use of the fridge.

1  Thank MegMarTravel
HiltonNYFashion, Front Office Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello MegMarTravel,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience. We are truly happy you had a wonderful stay. We really hope to see you in the near future.

Warm Regards,