“For NY - great location and very comfortable”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #183 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed five nights here and loved the location - we love to walk to it was easy to get to shopping, museums, Eataly, many subway lines to everywhere. The rooms were small but not tiny, comfortable. The bed was great. The Keurig coffee maker was great to have - we brought our own pods . They gave us a small fridge so we could have breakfast in our room. There are so many food options in the neighborhood - you can get everything and there's even a Fairway a block away. It was quiet in the rooms too - a big plus. And the price was great. I used to stay on the Upper West Side a lot but that's gotten very pricey and it's less convenient. We will come back.
And the front desk folks were great!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear flygirlnh,

Thank you so much for a nice review of your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our location and amenities in the guest room.
We cannot wait to welcome you back and provide another great stay and awesome service!

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to New York City and we decided (after much debate) to stay at this hotel. I'm glad we did. It was beautiful and for the price, you really can't complain. It allowed us to spend more on attractions and dining which is very expensive. We took a plunge and bought subway passes and that was even better! took some time to figure out but once we got the hang of it we were jetting all over that city, the subway station was right around the corner from the hotel. the staff was fine, I'm pretty low maintenance and had no issues.

the room was decent sized (for new York) and modern. view of the city street below, nothing to write home about. each room has a kuerig which is nice for me because I miss mine when I'm gone. the attached restaurant was great, little pricey. the roof top bar was amazing! so beautiful at night with the view. would def stay here again...

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Jean R,

Thank you so much for 5 star review!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are also excited to know you were able to enjoy Keurig coffee machine in the guest room.
We look forward to having you stay again!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice folks in reception, valet and bellman. Room was clean, modern and spacious. The room that we had looked out at the Empire State Building-- lovely! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Caren O,

Thank you for the awesome review.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your room especially the view of Empire State Building from your room.
Thank you for mentioning our Front Office team has providing exemplary service during your stay.
I will definitely share your comment with our team members!
Do not hesitate to contact me when you are visiting NYC so we can ensure another great stay!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels in NYC but this one is definitely a recommendation. Finally a good breakfast in the morning and that all for a very decent price.
The rooftop bar is also a pre, especially the views.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Cees77,

Thank you for 5 star review!
We do often get a compliment about awesome view of Empire State Building of our Rooftop Bar and we are glad you had a chance to enjoy it.
We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are planning a visit to New York City so that I may ensure a perfect stay, start to finish.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at several Hilton family hotels in Manhattan in the past, and they look pretty cookie-cutter to me. Manhattan also has very small hotel rooms -- few per floor but built up very high. I prefer those near Penn Station since I usually arrive and leave the city by train.

I arrived at Hilton Fashion District Sunday night 1/19/14, and was taken by the larger than expected lobby with interesting décor. There was no line to check-in, and I was greeted professionally and with a smile. Perhaps due to my HiltonHonors Gold status, I was given a room on the highest floor (21). The location appeared to be quiet, as I did not hear any street noise at all up there.

A very nice touch was a call a couple of hours into my stay asking me if everything was OK, and offering me a wake-up call, which I took them up on.

Check-out the next morning was equally quick and trouble-free. I was greeted and convinced to come back again.

Manhattan hotels can also fluctuate greatly in price, but I was pleased with the rate I got considering the midtown location. IF the price is right when I next stay in the city, I will definitely consider this property on the top of my list.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kevin K,

Thank you for taking time to post a detailed review of your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear your check-in and check-out process was quick and flawless.
We do appreciate your loyalty at Hilton Hotels.
We look forward to having you return on your next visit!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The service we received at this hotel was awesome! From the moment we checked in to the time we left the staff was very helpful and informative. The only issue I had was the bed was not very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Cory A,

We always appreciate when guests take the time to provide us with such great feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff gave you exemplary service.
I apologize for the mattress issue during your stay with us. I will discuss this issue with Director of Housekeeping to improve our service and prevent from repeating. Please do not hesitate to contact me when you plan to return so I can ensure to provide a room upgrade on your next stay!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The convenience of this place depends on where you're going in NYC. It's pretty close to MSG, Korea-Town and the Fashion Institute of Technology, but not much else. On the other hand, 26th Street isn't a painfully long walk from quite a lot. In our case, we walked to and from the Port Authority without getting exhausted or taking a huge chunk out of our schedule.
The neighborhood is quiet. The lobby is nice and simple, and the staff was pleasant, efficient and professional. Our room was small, but adequate to our needs. We don't really need lodgings for much beyond sleep and a shower. It was quiet, secure and clean; and all amenities and fixtures would in good repair and function.
The hotel has a rooftop bar on the 20th floor that is worth checking out. Access is controlled by staff at the elevator. It is enclosed during cold or other adverse weather, but the walls and roof can open. It was quiet and not very busy during our visit. The real attraction is the view. They advertise a 360 degree view of Manhattan. With intervening walls and buildings, it's closer to 200 degrees, but the views are still pretty good, including the Empire State Building and Freedom Tower.
It was nice to enjoy a drink with views without a lot of noise or a crowd.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing 26th Street. It's a quiet street, and the back of the hotel faces othe...