“Perfect for NYC Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #161 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for NYC Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Hilton. It's in a great location, just a few blocks from Times Square but without the hectic-ness of it. Staff were helpful (although we didn't have too much contact with them). Rooms were nice - clean, modern and great bedding. I note that quite a few comments have been on the size of the room - we had a standard queen room and it was fine - 'average' if you're goin by European standards!!

Best things: bedding, in-room espresso machine, rooftop bar, location
Not as good things: no free wifi, no shower caps (and I know I'm being picky here!!)

Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Splash808,

It's wonderful to know you enjoyed everything about your stay from the location to the rooms and service! We do have a shower cap per request in Housekeeping Department and wish we would've known!
Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here for a night. Location is great, away from all the Times Square touristy BS, within walking distance of SOHO and the West Village. Also it's great because it's not too big of a hotel where it takes forever to get an elevator. The rooms are small but so is every other hotel room and apt in NYC. The rooftop bar/restaurant is amazeballs. Incredible views. The staff was pretty friendly. Very clean rooms and lobby. No complaints about this hotel and will go back next time I'm in the city.

Dear Kevin D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy you found the service, our location and rooftop great! We do get compliments about awesome view at our rooftop bar. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future and wow you again.
Thank you for staying with us!

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was very satisfied with the Hilton Fashion District. The front desk service was excellent, greeted me with a warm welcome, bottled water and complimentary cookies. Was nice after a cross-country flight from the West coast. The room was exteremely clean and I enjoyed the modern look of the bathroom; the glass doors added a nice clean look as I don't really like hotel rooms with shower curtains. The only real complaints that I had was that it was a rather small room but perhaps it's average given that it is NYC and it was difficult to iron dress shirts using a small dorm-size ironing board. I'm not sure if those small ironboards are the normal for these rooms so it could slow you down if you have to iron your clothes for the work week. The workout facility has fully functional equipment though you may not have access to a lot of tv channels on the treadmills. I like how they provide bottled water and a water dispenser for you in the workout room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Edgar D,

We are so pleased that our staff especially Front Desk Department was of great assistance during your stay.
We are also delighted to know you enjoyed our room features as well as cleanliness.
However I am sad to know we could not provide you with a full size ironing board during your recent stay since full size ironing board is available upon request.
Thank you for staying with us!

Hilton 26th and 7th Manhattan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hilton based in the fashion district on 26th and 7th in Manhattan is a good hotel, everything that you would expect from a well known branded hotel chain, however the only thing that I would draw your attention to is the $14.95 that you have to pay per 24hours for in room access to wireless.. more than a little disappointed. If you access in the common areas then it is free however as soon as you want access in your room then you have to pay…. please Hilton can this be reviewed … such a shame when the rest of my stay was a good experience ….

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Iain B,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your experience wasn't perfect due to in-room wi-fi charge. I have passed on your comments to our General Manager to discuss this matter.
However I am glad you had an overall good experience and you liked our location.
Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay. I would be happy to offer you a complimentary wi-fi!

Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice Hilton. Friendly staff, good amenities. Really great location within walking to shopping, Chelsea area, near subway entrances. Nice restaurants in walking distance.

Rooms slightly small but typical of area hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Connie2410,

Thank you for your nice review regarding your recent stay and thank you for choosing our hotel.
It is so nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay from the service to the location.
We would love to see you back with us again for another great visit!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

What an amazing hotel! The service was amazing, the room was spotless! I received an upgrade which was very nice. The room was very spacious for a NYC hotel and the bathroom so so clean I felt as if we were the first to have stayed there. We had a late flight out and asked for a late check out and without hesitation we were given a 2PM checkout, which we didn't use, just asked if they could hold our luggage while we left. Everyone always had a smile on their face and always asked if there was anything they could assist with. I work in the hotel industry (actually Hilton) and know what it is like to be in guest service. Great job! I will defiantly recommend this hotel.

Dear Alwaysnick,

It's great to get recognized our wonderful hospitality by someone who's in hospitality industry!
Our goal is to always provide our guests with a stay that is both enjoyable and memorable so thank you again for this review.
I will definitely share your comment with our team members.
We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Came in very early and got immidiate help to store luggage with the very professional staff. They told me that they had no rooms ready which i didnt have any problems with.

After strolling around in NYC we came back and as a Diamond member i got upgraded to a beautiful queen room on 22nd with views over Empire.

Bed was very comfy, coffee and tea machine was great with newmans blend that tasted like real coffee. Mouthwash, shampo and all other amneties as usual in the room.

I would say that the size of the room is above NYC standards. I think this will be my new favourite hotel from now on with walking distance to my office near Penn station.

Breakfast vouchers also handed out to an above than avarage breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant. Fresh and clean, creamy eggs, cripy bacon and good slextion of breads and pastry.

Dear flygtokig,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us.
We love to hear we will be your new favorite hotel in NYC!
Thank you for being a loyal guest at Hilton Hotels!