“Excellent hotel, great value.”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #167 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brisbane, California
“Excellent hotel, great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The building itself is functional. The neighborhood is standard Chelsea. But what REALLY sets this place apart is the service. I arrived VERY late one morning, 2:30AM, and the hotel was ready for me. They had my keycard ready, and even asked if I was hungry (which I was). They then suggested a place that delivered and suggested I could shower and relax, and they'd call me when the food arrived. When the food DID arrive, it was around 4:00 so they offered a later check out time. Because I got in so late, I didn't get to experience any of the amenities. The room was VERY comfortable and the TV even greeted me when I arrived. I travel for work all the time but almost never had a chance to stay at a Hilton so I didn't know what to expect. I was very happily shocked. One thing to keep in mind - unlike a lot of other hotels, unless you're a Hilton member, internet access is an additional cost. However, the rooms here are less expensive than comparable hotels with free internet, so I'd rather pay for internet at a hotel with such great service, than get internet free from some chain with surly front desk staff. Next time I'm in NY, back to Hilton NY Fashion District.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful so I am glad you recognize our awesome Night Audit Staff, especially Sid! Again, thank you for taking out the time to write this review and for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The building is correct, not luxurious. The best is the people who work in it. The service is excellent. The continental breakfast is good at "RARE" restaurant. And the house made vegetable soup is fresh and tasty. The attention of the people at the front desk is excellent. Caroline assist me in many request quickly and efficiently. It is not fancy, but very comfortable.
The rooms are ok and the maids work efficiently.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for awesome reviews about Hilton New York Fashion District! Our Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so Caroline certainly delivered top notch service to you as well!
Again, thank you so much for choosing Hilton New York Fashion district and please let us know when you are planning to visit New York City again so we can ensure you to have another fantastic stay with us!
Have a good day!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I travel to NYC on business about 8 weeks a year and have been doing do for the last 4 years.
As a Hilton preferred customer I have stayed in 3 different Hiltons, The Waldorf Astoria and 2 Doubletrees in Manhattan over the last 5 years.By far my favorite is the Hilton Fashion District.
The location is quiet compared to the other hotels- though still central to the majority of the attractions I enjoy.
The staff here is attentive and gracious without being pretentious.
Especially the folks at the front desk. The ladies there are fantastic and I always look forward to stepping into the hotel. :-)
I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: High rooms are always quieter in Manhattan
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal guest at Hilton Hotels and thank you for this detailed review of your most recent stay with us. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share your wonderful comments with our Front Office team members! We would very much look forward to another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton. Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Hilton is in the perfect location if you want to see plays, restaurants, characters from TV shows. I requested an accessible room with a roll in shower but got a hearing impaired accessible. I called to find out why I wasn't given the room of my choice and was told they could find me another room on a lower floor. I was settled in and stayed in the room and tried to be as careful as possible. Also, I was promised a 2:00 p.m. check-out because I'm an AARP member and was given a hard time by the front desk receptionist. A manager just happened to be passing by and overheard the conversation. He told her to give me the 2 o'clock check out and she reminded him that they would be very busy the next day. He told her to give it to me. I had a great time in New York but I thought I paid too much money for the inconveniences.

Room Tip: Higher floors have views of the Hudson River and are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lgr2_13
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. I regret to hear that the service you received by the Front Desk staff did not meet your expectations. The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so I apologize that the same quality service was not extended to you during your stay. I have passed on your comment to our Director of Front Office so that further training may take place and so that consistent, top-notch service is provided. I would be happy to discuss this further with you so please feel free to reach out to me directly at ahram.suh@hilton.com.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there for our honeymoon trip. We got upgraded to 18th floor whoch provided us with great views of the town. It was close t everything - we walked to finance centre and to central park (it was a good walk) but very nice. REally enjoy the stay. Nice quiet and well placed hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Congratulations to your newly wed!
I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would very much look forward to another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton. Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel, I called in advance to find out if my room could be changed to a double. Terrible customer service, finally my friend didn't come and I got the room changed. The room was small in the second floor, no view and a smelly room. When I was leaving they tried to charge for an extra person, even when I made clear no one was coming and no one did. Very disappointing. I've stayed in the Ritz Carlton of battery park and Marriott and got much better customer service. Sorry but not a repeat.

• Stayed August 2013
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 3, 2013

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel which is in a great location. It is about a 10 minute walk away from The Empire State Buidling and the lively hotel roof top bar has magnificant views of it. The rooms were not small at all and the beds were very comfortable, although the air conditioning unit in the room was noisy so didnt have it turned on at night. There is free wifi in the hotel reception area which does work in the hotel room as well, depending on the signal strength, and they do have a small business centre which was great from checking in for our flight on-line and printing off the boarding cards. Reception staff were helpful, some door staff werent as helpful. Would definitely stay at this hotel again, overall a fantastic NYC stay. There is a gorgeous Italian restaurant a few doors away from the hotel called Tre Dici if you fancy dining out.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay.