“Good sized rooms, convienent location”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #181 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Booked this hotel due to location to Penn Station, quiet location in safe area. Rooms are of decent size and are very modern and clean. I had a comfortable stay while here and had initial reservations as have read about noisy elevators especially when my room was located behind them however they did not pose a problem. The entrance door for the room next door woke me in the early hours which was the only noise. No view from my room only the next door neighbors. Staff seemed invisible at times except when checking out and were extremely helpful. Good amenities in the room including iron and iron board, coffee machine. A little pricey but hey this is New York. Would stay here again if could get the right rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your response. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect and we wish we would have had the chance to correct the noise issue that was affecting your experience with us. We highly value and respect each and every one of our guests so we do appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are planning a visit to New York City so that I may ensure the quietest room in house.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York Fashion District

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had my second stay at the Hilton in Fashion District, Chelsea area. I love the location and the rooms are quite clean. My only complaint (which I had the first time) is the lighting near where the full length mirror is. The mirror outside the bathroom is dimly lit and I think an easy fix would make this a better situation. Other than that, wonderful helpful people. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We returned here after a couple of years for one weekend night with the kids. The room was excellent, junior suite with plenty of space for us and the kids. Buffet breakfast was fantastic and the customer service from start to finish was second to none. Could not fault our stay at all.

Great Hotel with awesome staff. My room was very comfortable and clean. Restaurant staff make me feel very welcome, food was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The area this hotel is is in is great. If coming in from JFK then using the subway or LIRR to Penn makes it easy to get to. There are 2 stations for the subway close by giving you options for which line you need for where you need to go.

The hotel is very modern. The staff arent in usual hotel uniforms and look as though they are going for a night out. Once you get your head aroubd this its ok. It does mean it doesnt feel like a hotel at times and can feel cold and unwelcoming for those staying at the hotel, getting back tired and wanting normal hotel services.

The hotel has a roof top bar. There are 4 lifts in the hotel, one of which is used just for the gym and another used for the roof top bar in the evenings. This is frustrating if you are staying in the hotel as you can have a wait for the lift in the evenings and when it does come you end up having to stop at a few floors if you, like us, stay on a higher floor. They charge for rooms on higher floors due to the view. The view of Empire States is nice, but the rest of the view isnt of anything and I would suggest not paying for this and looking at the view from the roof top bar.

The roof top bar can also be noisy. On my first night there I had to use sleeping tablets due to the banging noise. This went on past 2am, and is unfair on guests who have paid a fair bit of money to stay there.

The rooms are small. They are also poorly laid out and more thought should have gone into this. The main part of the room is taken by the bed as you would expect and in ours a large air con system was on the floor. This should have been on the wall to increase space. There was a long desk at the other side of the room from the bed, which was way too big and some of this space should have been used to provide extra hanging space.

As you walk in the room there is a wardrobe, this is tiny giving enough space to have 7-10 items, which for 2 people for a week isnt enough. The bathroom isnt a bad size, but again is poorly laid out. The room could have been better designed to fit a bath, but this hasnt been done so there is just a large shower area, it does have to be said the shower was nice. The light into the bathroom is on a movement sensor which is great when going in, but even with the door closed light does leak into the bedroom at night when trying to get to sleep.

The room had a coffee pod machine. This needed water putting in it and for the cost of the hotel room I would have expected this to have been plumbed in. They never left enough pods despite us asking on the second day for more to be left.

The bed is pretty comfy (Nowhere as near as good as a Marriott bed) but the pillows poor.

The hotel offers free wifi in reception for guests. This only seemed to work for 5 days before they wanted us to pay. The cost is way too high for a service I need all the time and consider esential. The cost was $14 per day per device. If it was $14 per room per day this wouldnt have been as bad. I did find if logged into the free wifi it would still work in the room.

This hotel is aimed at couples, business users and young single people. I would not recomend to families.

Im pretty sure there are better hotels in NYC for the same money and would look around before booking. This isnt somewhere I would book again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 21mapple

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Hilton New York Fashion District! I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I were visiting from Bermuda where hospitality and friendliness is in abundance. We enjoyed three lovely nights at the this Hilton hotel Celebrating our wedding anniversary. From arriving to departing the hotel we were received friendly courteous service. We were not in our room long when we received a complementary bottle of wine and greeting card from the staff. The Concierge Krsitin M was very helpful and polite.

Our room was lovely. Modern clean and was kept clean by the attendant, it spacious and the bed was very comfortable

John & Betty Dale

Room Tip: Choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betty D
HiltonNYFashion, Front Office Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team members. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were originally booked at the USUAL Hilton on 53/6th but found this Hilton to be in the Chelsea area and much closer to the conference that I was attending.

The staff at this Hotel was really nice and attentive. The rooms were neat and clean and always stocked with enough "supplies" so you didn't have to hunt a maid down and get stuff. At one point my husband's toothbrush BROKE and the front desk just gave us one at N/C.

It is a 2 block walk to the subway - which makes it very convenient to get anywhere you need to in the city. It was a little more difficult hailing a taxi from this location. In fact, the day we were leaving for the airport we had to take a Hotel car because the taxi's were not coming down this street.

They have a rooftop bar which is very nice and relaxing. The price of the drinks are lower than most other bars in the city and they were GOOD. They had a DJ playing there on Saturday evening so you may have to wait in line a bit on a night they have entertainment.

I am a Diamond Member with Hilton so I am used to a lot of incentives to stay at their properties. The only upgrade was to a higher floor. The room was SO small that basically the bed fit in it and that is about it. The closet was so small that my dresses hit the safe that was also located in the closet. Usually, I get access to club lounges but they don't have on at this property so don't expect anything like that. I also get vouchers for breakfast - which they give us - however, at other Hiltons, you usually have access to an enormous spread of "continental" delights OR you can put that money towards anything on their menu. The first thing they ask when you enter the restaurant is "do you have a voucher?" - then they hand you a menu or tell you to choose from the small buffet. I finally asked if there was a different menu for those without vouchers and she said "yes." I didn't care for this at all. But, like I said - staff was awesome, food was "ok" and atmosphere was nice.

IF you want to stay in the Chelsea area, then this may be a good spot for you. IF you don't, then there are other hotels that offer a little more and have larger rooms.

Room Tip: Most rooms are about the same size. You may want to book a queen room to give you a little more spa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Our property gets compliments about being boutique and design hotel located in fashion district. It's not necessarily cater to every taste however we are trying to strive to make our guests feel comfortable as much as possible during their stay.
But I am glad you enjoyed our staff's service so I will definitely share your wonderful comments with our staff!
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will make every effort to restore your confidence in us. We would look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back and delivering the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, the location of this hotel is great if you are doing things in Manhatten. The area is quiet and safe and is walking distance of the usual amenities. 23rd street station is just a few blocks away and Penn station a few further.

The rooms were smaller than we were expecting for the price we paid but furnished well enough and clean. The view at the time of our stay was of construction on a nearby building but one can hardly fault the hotel for that.

The service was very good. We had had a mix up before checking in and the hotel staff was quick to solve the problem. The concierge was also knowledgeable and helpful.
I will consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012