“Hip Hilton Near FIT and Chelsea”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #190 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The lobby definitely has a "scene" - lots of activity - I've never been there when it hasn't been busy and buzzing. Even so the check in staff always have a gracious greeting and help to offer if you need something.

The location is convenient to subways, to the Fashion Institute of Technology, to Chelsea, to Macy's and is near avenues with coffee shops and a Whole Foods supermarket. There is no excuse to stay in for breakfast.

Some of the rooms, on higher floors, can have decent cityscape views, the rooms are strategically designed to make the most of space, and some of the bathrooms have shower/tub combinations, while others just a shower.

In spite of its full to capacity status, I've never had a problem with noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms. The only complaint is that there are not enough elevators! One is usually reserved for their terrace. On busy check in nights the remaining two don't cut it. And on two occasions one of the remaining two was out of order.

On one occasion the bed was squishy and uncomfortable - if I wasn't so tired I would have requested another room. During other stays the beds were fine.

The guests are a range of business travelers to almost hipsters - and international travelers. It is my stand by choice if the price is right and I want to be in the neighborhood for under $225 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,570)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed over a Saturday & Sunday night during the Tribeca Film Festival. It was busy but not over crowded. The rooms are nice. It was clean. The service was very good. We also ate at Rare (the restaurant in the hotel). The burgers and fries are delicious. Breakfast was included in our stay. It was good. I definitely recommend the oatmeal. Our only complaints was that one day two of the three elevators didn't work and the next day one of the three elevators didn't work. Be prepared to wait for the elevators if one of them is out of service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed here a few times before but I thought the staff was especially friendly and helpful this visit. The room was very comfortable for sleeping and I was able to adjust the' temperature for nice, cool conditions. We had a nice meal at the bar; I was impressed with the quality of ingredients. It's a nice alternative location if you don't want to stay right in the hustle and bustle of Times Square.

Room Tip: I probably wouldn't spend the extra money for a higher floor however, as there was no view from...
2  Thank Truannsi
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver another excellent service. Thank you for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our room was on the 16th floor and we directly across from the elevators. The noise from the street and from the elevators and slamming doors didn't allow us to get very good sleep on the two nights that we stayed which was unfortunate because the beds were wonderful. But other then that I have nothing to do but rave about the hotel, especially the staff. They went out of their way to be helpful and nice. Wonderful job and the room and hotel was very clean and nice. Will probably be returning again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kristy B

Thank you for the response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I do apologize for the noise issue you had during the recent stay with us. Again, thank you for taking out the time to write this review and for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic! It's in a great neighborhood! Close to restaurants and shops! Short walk to Chelsea Market and the West Village! Hotel lobby was very pretty. Staff was friendly and rooms were a decent size compared to other hotels in NY. Bathroom was full size with glass shower! Room was very clean too! Also, this hotel has a rooftop bar with a great view of the city! You get it all!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Lewisj27
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed with a friend in this hotel for one night and we arrived early in the morning, the room wasn't ready for us. They let us to leave our luggage and comeback later to check in. We loved the location, right in the heart of the Fashion District around the best stores and a few blocks away from Time Square.

The Bare Restaurant is excellent... We had our best Cesar Salad there.

The staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 16th floor have a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karinavrs
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a change in the people I was traveling with and asked well in advance if I could switch get a 2 bed room. The first response I was given was you will be put on the top of a waiting list if a room were to open, since you are an HH member (notes were made on my reservation to reflect this). When I called again to check on the status I was told that rooms are available now although it is considered an upgrade and would cost another 100,000 HH points per night, and that I could not use cash for the difference, although there were rooms available at this point. I was told that I still can get an upgrade at check in. When I arrived after waiting, when there was not even anyone in line, the token response I was given without a hesitation was “we have no 2 bed rooms”. Sorry but being a HH member does not have its rewards. I own a small business and stay in NYC often during the year, and have been trying to see if HH is the right program for me, it does not appear to be at this point. The people at the front desk were apathetic at best, and provided incorrect information about parking. There was no personal service yet alone attention to a HH member. It’s as if they could not get me checked in quick enough. (again, there was not a line of people) The room was "super small" (I realize its NYC) and it offered nothing more than an average hotel in any other city across the country. I have had problems in other hotel stays, the difference is they did their best to accommodate the situation and I still gave them a good review. I never am looking for a cash discount, I understand the costs when I book a room, although I do expect a reasonable level of service and a reasonable attempt to accommodate my needs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. I am very glad we had an opportunity to personally talk to you about the issue and clear the misunderstanding. As I mentioned on previous conversation, please do not hesitate to contact me at ahram.suh@hilton.com for any assistance.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.