“Nice hotel in good location”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #177 of 466 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel in good location”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After staying at the hilton in Quito the room here felt a little small but considering it was new york the size was fine. Room was nice and clean but a little noisy due to the traffic. I'm glad I was on the 14th floor as I bet the lower floors were very noisy, staff were pleasant but not overly helpful.
Location was great- walked to most of the attractions both uptown and downtown and I felt safe there at night. Also good subway links if you don't feel like walking. Didn't try the breakfast- there are plenty of places near to get cheap nice breakfast including a good bagel and coffee shop on 8th- about 5-10 mins walk away.
Would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton New York Fashion District>

Things to love:
- very comfortable room
- I asked for a quiet location and even though only on the 4th floor was at the back and it was wonderfully quiet
- comfortable king bed with lots of pillows and comfy duvet
- adequate closet space with laptop friendly safe
- Keurig coffee maker with 3 different types of K cups
- nice big panel TV
- bathroom -- shower with great pressure and nice toiletries

Other comments:
- The room was very reasonably sized for NY
- The bathroom was sized for 1 only -- but that was ok with me
- New looking with nice design elements
- they had popcorn at the front desk - seemed a bit odd and I didn't care for the smell much in the lobby but this was a small thing
- The staff were most helpful and friendly
- Good restaurant especially if you like gourmet burgers (Rare). Was very reasonable and good food
- Nice bar area too
- close to other dining, banking, shops
- great area --- lots to do!

I'll be back!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room - ask for one on the back (ie not facing 26th Ave).
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tucked away in the fashion district, this Hilton is small, and yet, very comfortable. Slim, adequately facilitated by a restaurant and roof top bar, it feels more like a boutique hotel rather than a Hilton.

Room was New York city standard size, although this one feels small but deliciously comfortable. Furnishings are new, and bathroom was newly refurbished. A little noisy in the morning.

HHonors status, dont expect too much as they dont have executive lounge nor dedicated executive floor. This was one rare occasion where as a HHonors Gold I didnt get upgraded to the next best room.

However, I'd still stay its good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor so that it doesnt get that noisy in the morning.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The new Hilton in the Fashion district is a great location. Trendy, hip, small room - very "W Hotel" feel to it. It does not feel like a normal Hilton. The staff was friendly & the room service came SUPER fast (less than 20 minutes). The downside for me was I had a low level room (2nd floor) so I was kept awake all night long by street noise, car honks, etc. The rooms are very small but that's quite normal for Manhattan. The walls in this hotel are very thin so I heard every toilet flush, TV program and conversation of the rooms around me which is quite annoying when you're there for work and just need some sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your response. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect and we wish we would have had the chance to correct the noise and service issue that was affecting your experience with us. We highly value and respect each and every one of our guests so we do appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are planning a visit to New York City so that I may ensure the quietest room in house.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean hotel, very friendly staff. But I couldn't sleep because there is no insulation in the walls at all. It was really loud outside the whole night. Also, I could hear every phone conversation the guy in the next room had even though my bed was on the opposite wall. And the people in the other room sure flushed their toilet a lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Hilton New York Fashion District! I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

irvine, ca
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife booked us a room at the Hilton Fashion District during our recent trip to New York. I don't recall how much we paid for 3 nights, but I recall it being a phenomenal price for New York City.

The service here was great. Upon check-in, we were provided 2 bottles of water and some candy. In fact, anytime we asked for more bottled water, the front desk gladly provided it. Our room was also a great size (for NY standards). The room was clean and updated. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was updated. Everything about our room was very tastefully decorated, which we appreciated.

Rather than going on and on about our room, all I can say is that we had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Hilton. Also, the hotel has a restaurant/bar in the lobby (which we did not get to try) as well as a bar on the roof. We did visit the top-level bar every night that we were there. Drinks were not outrageously expensive and it was never too packed for us to enjoy a drink or two.

Also, we loved the location of our hotel. Since we flew into Newark Airport, we took a train from Newark to Penn Station. The hotel is a few blocks' walk to/from Penn Station. Also, the hotel is close to several subway stops, and is within walking distance of some great restaurants (we walked to Boqueria and Gramercy Tavern).

If I had any complaints about our room, it is that the rooms facing 26th Street (such as ours) is a bit noisier since you hear a lot of traffic from the cars below. On our first night, we were awoken at 1 or 2am by a delivery truck that was honking its horn. If possible, I'd ask for a room that did not face 26th. Also, I believe that you have to pay for wifi in your room on a per-day AND per-device basis. However, they do have free wifi in the lobby, which was appreciated.

All in all, I really did enjoy our stay at the Hilton and would recommend it to those looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Manhattan but do not want to compromise on a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If possible, try to avoid a room that faces W. 26th, as we could hear the traffic outside at all hou...
Connecticut
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Hilton for two nights. On W26th St. near 7th Ave. It is well located for access to lower Manhattan as well as tourist central in the 40s and 50s. The service was decent. The room was on the small size (about 12X15, not counting the closet, bath, and small space the door opened into). The size left room for only two small nights stands, the king bed, and a desk with chair. A mid-size flat screen hung on the wall. On the plus side, everything as neat and clean. As a hotel, as such, this Hilton might get a 3.5 or four, depending on the night's rate. My based rate given a Sunday night stay, senior citizen discount, advance payment and February "dead season" timing was $189 for a king-bed room. I called the hotel directly to make a reservation. Then, unlike me, I bought some upsell by the agent. I decided on a high room he offered to get a view. That took the price to $219, but what the heck, it was a post-Valentine's Day trip. I was thinking of driving in,so I asked about parking. The agent said was would be $40 a night, but added that for an extra $50 a night (taking it to $369) I could get parking and a full breakfast for two. That was not a great bargain, but it did save a bit on breakfast so I agreed.
When I got to the hotel, I pulled in up front, handed by keys to the bell hop and told him I had a parking package. Off went the car. When I got to the desk, they said that the reservation was only for either parking or breakfast not both. When I wonder why I would pay a $369 package price for parking what I could have bought separately for $10 less, the clerks basically shrugged. They produced a copy of the email confirmation that did say one or the other, which as not what the reservation agent said. I protested that the pricing made no sense, and after a bit of off to see the manager, they eventually did offer the two breakfasts as well as the parking. They also noted that the parking, if separate, would be $55, not $40. Huh? Anyway, with the pricing in hand, so I thought, up to the room we went. The room was high, I guess, on the 18th floor, but the view I had paid $20 a night for was a dingy wall with windows from which others could view me if I want to let light in my room. This was not my understanding of what a view should mean. Back to the desk. They came up with another two floors, directly above the old room, which a last gave me a view of the rooftop on the adjoining building. I settled for this, and all, I thought, was well, until I goy my checkout bill. It comped the meals, but only one night of parking. Now the figure was $65 a night. Back to the desk. They had no thought of why the clerk had said on Saturday the cost was $55 a day, but did offer that the older number, $40, was for self-park, not valet park. This was new news in the fluid price structure. More grumbling by me eventually got the $65 off the bill, although the clerks gave me that "hustler: look. Another little gotcha was that the full breakfast, was not quite the full breakfast menu, but a limited selection from it on a special voucher menu. That selection was good enough, but like the rest of the offerings not was it seemed . Now maybe I should have checked the confirmation more carefully, but given the price that seem unnecessary and, besides, I had never had such a divergence between the offer and what the charges were. I can't say "do not stay" at this Hilton because, at a base of about $200 a night, the place is reasonable (but not exceptional). But put on your reading glasses to scan the small print and put on you lawyer hat to make sure that what the reservation agent says and what the hotel is offering and at what price is accurate. Generally, I have stayed in better places with less hassle for similar money and would pick somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review of your most recent stay with us.
I was glad I could be able to speak to you in person.
Again, I do apologize for the miscommunication about parking rate.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.