A lot of review here indicated this was like Hilton's version of the W. It is not even remotely close. The rooms are noticeably smaller than every W hotel I've been in, the hotel really isn't geared towards the W's demographic at all.
We stayed here (and booked two rooms for us and another couple) because of the W comparison and such amenities as 24-hour room service because we usually get in late. Turns out, room service is over at 11pm. The web site advertised a non-existent feature.
Check-in time is 3pm. We arrived at 1pm. No problem that our room wasn't available at this time. However, it also wasn't available at 3pm, or 4:30pm either. It is entirely unacceptable to not be let up into your room at check-in time, let alone 2 hours later.
Booked both rooms on my credit card, specifically told the front desk to ONLY charge incidentals to the other couple's card for their room, that both rooms remain paid for by me. The next day the other couple got their check-out invoice, with the room charged to their incidentals-only card.
Trying to be a nice guy rather than going straight to Trip Advisor to post a review, I brought all of these issues up to the manager (JP) who offered just a credit on our breakfast room service. He promised an unspecified amount of points to my Hilton HHonors account. I got none.
* Nice location
* Bathrooms are nice, good water pressure.
* Clean rooms.
* Cheap price
* On-site restaurant is very nice (seems too good for hotel)
* Could not check-in until 2 hours after posted check-in time.
* Misrepresented room service hours.
* Second room had no smoke detector (ripped off wall).
* Staff doesn't understand basic billing requests.
* Brought up issues to management in private, shrugged off with lame comp offer.
* Is nothing like W hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton New York Fashion District offers stunning design, exemplary service and four-star amenities in the heart of the fashion capital of the world. Located on West 26th Street just off of 7th Avenue, in one of Manhattan's most remarkable neighborhoods, Hilton New York Fashion District is steps away from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Herald Square and the renowned Macy's. Walk to New York City's best restaurants, nightlife, and shopping as well as experience the Chelsea Piers, Times Square, Broadway theaters, Jacob Javits Convention Center and trendy neighborhoods such as SoHo, TriBeCa and Greenwich Village. Hilton New York Fashion District offers stylish guest rooms plus a full-service restaurant, RARE Bar & Grill, a rooftop bar with breathtaking views, a 24/7 fitness center, business center and three meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton New York Fashion District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel New York City