“Gave Us a Headache”

Inside Park at St Bart's
Reserve with OpenTable
Inside Park at St Bart's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,660 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: East 50th Street
Transit: Subway: 6 Lexington Ave. local to 51st Street, walk west to Park Avenue. E or V train to Lexington Ave.-53rd Street stop, walk downtown on Lexington to 51st Street, turn right to Park Avenue. Bus: Lexington Ave. or Third Ave. buses to 50th St. Walk west to Park Avenue. 49/50th Street cross-town bus to Madison Ave. or Lexington Ave.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Smelled like propane inside. The hours for food were odd. It was empty inside and the tables were like plastic lawn tables.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm not used to spending Thanksgiving Day away from our home in Pennsylvania; but after enjoying the Thanksgiving Day feast at Inside Park in New York, I could easily see making Inside Park an annual Thanksgiving tradition. Part of the charm of Inside Park is its Park Avenue location as part of Saint Bartholomew's Episcopal Church; the church, a fixture of Park Avenue and of New York City's elite since 1835, will be familiar to movie fans as the place where Dudley Moore in "Arthur" (1981) narrowly avoids being married off to a woman he did not love. One feels vaguely upper-crust from the moment one walks in. It's fun.

Inside the Great Hall with its 30-foot ceiling, we enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving Day feast -- with all the trimmings, as they supposedly say. The meal was served home-style, on plates, so that the three of us could have the feeling of sitting around a family Thanksgiving table at home. Highlights of the meal included the flavorful blue cornbread and spicy wild-boar sausage as appetizers, as well as the butternut squash soup with duck prosciutto -- nods to tradition, but with a nice modern flair. The free-range Vermont turkey was moist and flavorful -- even the white meat, which some restaurants manage to dry up. The glazed sweet potatoes and chestnut stuffing went very well together; the stuffing had a fine spicy flavor and a good crunchy texture. And the classic pumpkin pie rounded off the meal perfectly. There are a number of tempting festive cocktails on the menu, but we settled for a glass of prosecco that complemented our meal very well. The service was unfailingly pleasant and courteous, just as one would expect from a visit to an elegant restaurant in the U.S.A.'s capital of commerce and culture.

I'd always had a vague impression that Thanksgiving in New York would be overcrowded and uncomfortable. I could not have been more wrong. We took the ferry from Weehawken, N.J., to midtown, strolled over to Sixth Avenue (I know that no self-respecting New Yorker calls it the Avenue of the Americas), had a great view of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (saw Spider-Man, Sponge Bob, and Santa), and then had an easy walk down 50th Street to Inside Park for our festive Thanksgiving meal. It's truly a great way to spend Thanksgiving Day. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved the tented front part (outside in nicer weather) to just have a drink. The hotel was next door so very convenient! The next night went inside as the front part wasn't open and LOVED it!!! Such a beautiful interior!!! The wine list was good and the buffalo mozzarella was like NO OTHER I have ever had!!! We just went for appetizers and drinks after a long day of shopping!!!! They played delightful Italian music at just the right level and we thoroughly enjoyed our little time there! Will go for the the full blown dinner experience next time!!! Our waiter was so great too- he explained about some of the wines and food ...he was delightful!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went here for dinner on a Saturday evening and thought we were in the Twilight Zone when we entered the outdoor tent. There was no one there! Just a friendly hostess who was staring at our faces as we quietly tried to figure out what the heck was going on. She asked us indoor or tent seating and we replied which one has any people in it? She took us into their interior dining area and we found about 5 tables with people - this place was EMPTY. We heard good things so we decided to stay but soon found out this was going to be an odd experience. When asking about items on the menu our waitress had no information and kept saying let me find out I will literally be back in 2 seconds. When I asked how the steak was I was told "I mean this isn't a steakhouse." That was so reassuring. We all cautiously ordered our meals which ended up being okay but nothing great. The two dishes of Salmon we ordered were both severely under cooked, UGH. There's nothing I hate more. Needless to say we will not be returning here and I am not quite sure how they are staying in business.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We waited forever to have a server approach our table. I was beginning to wonder if anyone saw us. There were only a couple other tables occupied. We were starving, so we almost walked out, chalking up to experience. Just then, a waitress came through and (ugh) didn't stop, but said that she would be right back... we did order, and the good was not worth the wait (well, the french onion soup was good, but otherwise nothing to get excited about). This was a disappointment. I would not return.