“spot of home cooking”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 61st Street
Transit: N,R,Q to 59th Street & Fifth Ave, F train to 63rd Street and 6 train to 59th Street and Lexington Avenue.
Jersey, United Kingdom
“spot of home cooking”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Fish and chips ..simply done and well worth it. Staff are engaging and cocktails are a must

Visited December 2011

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Shame”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Well located in the old bar of the Pierre Hotel this restaurant fails to live up to the standards of its parent in London.

I arrived early afternoon for a quick lunch on the Sunday before Christmas. It was 80% empty. I sat at the bar and ordered a virgin Mary and a crocque monsieur. I had to ask for the menu, the drink and the order = the water behind the bar was too busy filling bottles to look after a customer, The virgin mary was disgusting - tons of horse radish but no spices or lemon. The CM arrived - black burnt bread and dried up topping. I sent it back and it was replaced. Served on its own on a large white plate it made a mockery of the French version. No garnish. no mini salad ore even half a tomato.A poor quality glass of red wine was $14.

I was reading the Times (their faxed copy) but my empty plate and glass remained uncleared for 30 minutes.

I called for a bill to find I had been charged for a bloody mary not a virgin,

I won't return in a hurry and my views were recognised by many of my friends in NYC,

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Simon63
Boston
“okay for breakfast”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I had coffee and oatmeal and both were just okay. I was staying at the hotel, it was raining, and I didn't feel like wandering off for breakfast. The oatmeal lacked substance or texture and seemed a little runny to me. I liked that it came with really good maple syrup and bananas, but it was still just okay. The wait staff was very nice.

Visited November 2011
Santa Cruz, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Le Caprice Brunch”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Handsome restaurant in wonderful setting opposite Central Park. Fantastic cocktails and great service. However, I believe that if you are serving brunch you should be able to cook perfect eggs and three of us had poached eggs as part of our brunch and all three of us agreed that they were slightly overcooked.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank HappyDaysTravelling
london
“Up market, smart restaurant with good atmosphere and nice staff”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Very enjoyable dinner at this modern attractive restaurant. Staff very welcoming. Good food, Recommended.

• Visited October 2011