“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #97 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Louisville, KY
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was put up in this hotel by a mid-town hotel that overbooked. I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are of course not huge, but were exceptionally clean. Free internet worked great. My room overlooked the WTC monument construction site, and it was a little noisy. Seems like they settled down around 10pm and picked back up fairly early. Not a deal killer, but you should be aware. However, it's NY, and you are basically just trading normal street noise at other hotels for the construction noise. I had never stayed downtown before. I found it cleaner and more vibrant than expected. There was more going on, more people, and more opens restaurants than I thought there would be. Red and yellow subway lines are just a couple of short blocks away. The "guest closet" storing the irons, coffee supplies, etc., might be viewed by a pain as some or chic by others. No big deal either way. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We got this hotel from the Mystery Quick. Hotel was lovely! Restaurant was nice. Staff was friendly. Hotel was new and had great amenities. They had discounted parking available near by.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The first time we stayed here we booked without knowing the name of the hotel, and it was a great surprise.The 2nd time we were with in-laws, so preferred to go for a place we already knew. The hotel is super clean, organized, brand new. We could walk to the WTC, Century 21st, Battery Park and (longer walk) Brooklin Bridge. The only con is the closest subway station - Rector st. - is served by only one line, so it can take a while. But I'd rather stay here again than at an awful hotel at Times Sq.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cmo_matsuk
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed at the Club Quarters hotel this June whilst visiting NYC for a weekend. Room was fantastic - spacious, modern, all amenities provided including a little kitchenette. Bathroom was clean and modern. We stayed on the side that faces Washington Street so the noise from construction at Ground Zero wasn't as bad as it could have been. The construction finishes around 10pm and although am a light sleeper, I didn't get affected by the building works. Great unparalleled views of the building site as well from the 21st floor restaurant. Had breakfast a la carte as the buffet wasn't anything special. Restaurant staff were friendly enough however the other hotel staff left limited positive impressions. Value for money in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for Washington Street side rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank rane84
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel was nice with fast and efficient self service check-in, quick delivery of room service, and comfortable room.
The only issue with the World Trade Center location is the 24 hour construction to prepare for the September 11 ten year memorial opening..... It was very noisy and hard to sleep but truly the view was almost worth it.....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Durham
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here with my husband, two kids and my parents for 3 nights.

When we arrived at the hotel there was a little confusion with the booking which was made through booking.com. They could not find the reservation but they sorted this out very quickly. As they were not expecting us the family suite we booked was not ready until 4pm. This was not an issue as we put our luggage in my parents room which was a very small twin.

We arrived back at reception at 4pm but the room was still not ready. The lady on the desk was very apologetic, and as the company we booked it through had not sent the booking through to them I was hardly in a position to complain as they had found us two rooms on a Bank Holiday Weekend without any problem. The receptionist allocated us another suite on a different floor. Oh I was so glad she did, The room was amazing. Double bed with flat screen TV at the bottom, in from of that was a double sofa-bed with a flat screen in front of that. A small dining room table at the side with a kitchenette. Spotless compact bathroom. The room was cleaned to a very high standard. On every floor there was complimentary water stations with bottles for you to take away.The best part of the room though was a huge rap around balcony, amazing views of the New York City skyscrapers.

The hotel is literally on Ground Zero. A very humbling experience to say the least. The hotel offers a complimentary cocktail in the bar to say thank you for supporting the businesses around the area which was a nice touch, you also get a plan of intended site.

I understood that the building work at Ground Zero was 24 hour, when I seen how close we actually were to the site I was worried. I needn't have been as they do work through the night but no heavy equipment is used. They are very noise conscience. I did not hear anything for all 3 nights we were there.

All in all, we had a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My 14-year-old daughter and I just spent 4 nights at Club Quarters World Trade Center. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC. We had a club-size room with a queen bed on the 12th floor. It was the quietest room I have ever stayed in! The bed was extremely comfortable, and we thought the linens AND the pillows were very nice quality. Loved having the very large thermostat near the bed; TV was nice and big; there were two sets of drapes (a sheer with room darkening drapes). Never saw the maids, but our room was always tidied up very nice! Water cooler on the floor always had cold water (I had seen complaints from others about this, but we never had a problem!) Coffee downstairs was good, and it was nice to have access to 4 computer terminals to retrieve my e-mail. Never a wait to do this. People at front desk were always friendly and very, very helpful and knowledgeable about the subway. We had a cocktail and appetizer on the 20th floor terrace one evening around 6:00, and this gave a wonderful view of the WTC construction site. I find this sort of thing fascinating. Yes, when you're on the terrace, there is some noise from the construction. The men and women are working 24/7 to get the job done. This is history in the making, and I was kinda proud to be on hand to see that. I hope to be back at Club Quarters for another visit very soon. I think the management is doing a fantastic job!

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevators, and they gave me one. They also allowed us to check in...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family