“Great Hotel, Would Recommend”

Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center
Ranked #106 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Durham
“Great Hotel, Would Recommend”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here with my husband, two kids and my parents for 3 nights.

When we arrived at the hotel there was a little confusion with the booking which was made through booking.com. They could not find the reservation but they sorted this out very quickly. As they were not expecting us the family suite we booked was not ready until 4pm. This was not an issue as we put our luggage in my parents room which was a very small twin.

We arrived back at reception at 4pm but the room was still not ready. The lady on the desk was very apologetic, and as the company we booked it through had not sent the booking through to them I was hardly in a position to complain as they had found us two rooms on a Bank Holiday Weekend without any problem. The receptionist allocated us another suite on a different floor. Oh I was so glad she did, The room was amazing. Double bed with flat screen TV at the bottom, in from of that was a double sofa-bed with a flat screen in front of that. A small dining room table at the side with a kitchenette. Spotless compact bathroom. The room was cleaned to a very high standard. On every floor there was complimentary water stations with bottles for you to take away.The best part of the room though was a huge rap around balcony, amazing views of the New York City skyscrapers.

The hotel is literally on Ground Zero. A very humbling experience to say the least. The hotel offers a complimentary cocktail in the bar to say thank you for supporting the businesses around the area which was a nice touch, you also get a plan of intended site.

I understood that the building work at Ground Zero was 24 hour, when I seen how close we actually were to the site I was worried. I needn't have been as they do work through the night but no heavy equipment is used. They are very noise conscience. I did not hear anything for all 3 nights we were there.

All in all, we had a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My 14-year-old daughter and I just spent 4 nights at Club Quarters World Trade Center. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC. We had a club-size room with a queen bed on the 12th floor. It was the quietest room I have ever stayed in! The bed was extremely comfortable, and we thought the linens AND the pillows were very nice quality. Loved having the very large thermostat near the bed; TV was nice and big; there were two sets of drapes (a sheer with room darkening drapes). Never saw the maids, but our room was always tidied up very nice! Water cooler on the floor always had cold water (I had seen complaints from others about this, but we never had a problem!) Coffee downstairs was good, and it was nice to have access to 4 computer terminals to retrieve my e-mail. Never a wait to do this. People at front desk were always friendly and very, very helpful and knowledgeable about the subway. We had a cocktail and appetizer on the 20th floor terrace one evening around 6:00, and this gave a wonderful view of the WTC construction site. I find this sort of thing fascinating. Yes, when you're on the terrace, there is some noise from the construction. The men and women are working 24/7 to get the job done. This is history in the making, and I was kinda proud to be on hand to see that. I hope to be back at Club Quarters for another visit very soon. I think the management is doing a fantastic job!

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevators, and they gave me one. They also allowed us to check in...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

1. The room was minimal - in size, in decor, in cleanliness.
2. Had to secure iron and board from the "guest" hall closet each day.
3. Glasses/Cups and coffee not replenished each day - could obtain coffee from closet... but the one time in four that we attempt this, there was one coffee available.

Inconvenient location, unless your stay is focused on the financial district.
Hotel did have a strong sense of safety.

Room Tip: Current construction at WTC site is loud!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wishfulpig
Central, NY
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The room was very modern and comfortable in a great location. The restaurant on the 20th floor has a great view of ground zero and the World Trade Center. Definitely go up there to have a drink and see the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is a very cool little hotel. Rooms generous by NYC standards and quite the bargain. Yes construction continues at WTC site but we came in and asked to switch to a more rear facing room. ALBERT at the front desk was SO nice and accomodating to our needs and he switched us right away. KUDOS to him! We had a few noisy neighbors who came in very late and had to sit on the terrace of the room (only they could access it) but it was not that bad.

Overall, this is a very clean, modern property with lots of green touches I(free water, free internet) that really make it worthwhile.

We have always stayed midtown but I think we will stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the construction site!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PANancyM
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The noise of jack hammers and drills from the World Trade Centre building site at the front and the grinding noise from air conditioning fans on a nearby building at the rear spoils the visit. Very helpful staff. The superior rooms with kitchenettes are well equipped but a little odd as they are 35ft x an average of circa 12 ft. To get to the hotel you have to negotiate blocked off streets because of the building work. Good price if booked in advance but take ear plugs.

Room Tip: Must go for a superior type of room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bigmarty
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family (infant, wife and myself) stayed here last weekend. The hotel seemed more spacious than the CQ Wall Street and the staff was very helpful in arranging a crib for my son and giving me a Time Out New York magazine when I asked where the nearest store was that sold TONY. Hotel has slightly discounted parking just around the corner, but you need to remember to ask the staff for a sticker/stamp to show the parking attendant. It is at the southern foot of the WTC site and construction begins at 6 AM and finishes at 11 PM per the front desk staff. Make sure to ask for a room away from the noise. We did and it was still relatively noisy, however we had our own noisemaker in our room, courtesy of my son, who tried to drown out the ambient noise several times during the evening. The nearest subway stop is about a 5-10 minute walk and you can catch the PATH train as well nearby. West Side Wwy is one block away so cabs were easy to catch. Free Wifi in the hotel was nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family