“The worst customer service treatment I have ever experienced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Comfort Inn Lower East Side
Ranked #346 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Manhattan
“The worst customer service treatment I have ever experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I made reservations seven months in advance at this hotel making sure I called at least three times during that seven month span to confirm my reservations. Two weeks before our trip to the city I received a phone call from Jasmine explaining that the hotel had over booked and they would have to move me to another hotel. I got very upset (but respectful) and told them I made these reservations many months ago for the reason to be with my entire family at this hotel during the holidays, and that it was walking distance to our wedding venue. I refused to be bumped to another hotel. At no time was I disrespectful, yet I was very upset. Jasmine put a gentleman on the phone whose name is Ashok Kumar Thawani. He proceeded to literally yell at me saying he could do what ever he wanted as far as moving us and he was sick of our wedding party and our attitude. REALLY? Our rooms were paid seven months in advance! When we actually arrived there to check in, Askok Kumar Thawani was there at the desk with his already attitude towards us. It took an hour to check in and again in front of many, many people he continued to talk to us in the most despicable, and disrespectful manner. If we weren't so at his mercy to have a place to stay (it was Christmas time and no room at ANY hotel) I would have walked right out the door believe me. Sticking up for ourselves, again respectfully, is having an attitude? Well Comfort Inn in Lower East I will be sure to tell everyone I come across to never ever stay at ANY Comfort Inn for any reason. Your the lowest of class hotel we have ever stayed at. Your staff except for the girl working in the breakfast area was extremely rude at all times. By the way the rooms were filled with mold and the towels were disgusting.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Shanequa J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked rooms a year in advance and paid 100% upfront.

The week of the wedding, my family was informed that Kumar was moving their rooms to another hotel, without warning.

Many people traveled from cross country and were all treated below animals.

I travel the world and never ever ever have I experienced the total disregard for customer service and lack of compassion for guests.

Kumar brought my sisters and assistant to tears, tears. Imagine that.

This hotel is the rudest, most disrespectful hotel in all NYC.

Comfort Inn? Uncomfortable Inn

Stay away unless you like to be abused

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank David M
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and the manager and his staff have been extremely responsive to all of our needs. There aren't many decent places to stay in this area of NYC, so we always choose this property. It might be small, but it's clean and the service is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Meadow357
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Was in the area for a fund raiser on a Friday night. And had another event to attend the next morning. Very clean and in a great area. Cool little restaurants, coffee shops, and bars walking distance. I would absolutely stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ernie C
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay here for business and for pleasure. For business, location is good as you can be anywhere on Manhattan in under 30 minutes via the trains within 2 blocks walk. For pleasure, surrounded by dinning, pubs and shops, with none of the tourist joints you get in mid town. Rates are the best on Manhattan for what you get. Staff will treat you as a friend. Hotel is very clean. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: No pool, but who cares, your not here to swim. No restaraunt, but who cares, your surrounded by some...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anna J
Tunbridge Wells
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a great little hotel in the fashionable Lower East Side but don't have a room at the front. Even though we were on the 5th floor, the noise from the party revellers (bars and nightclub opposite) kept us awake until 4am and then the sound of bar staff emptying the bottles in to the rubbish....along with the refuse trucks at 5am.
That aside, the location is convenient for upper or lower Manhattan. The subway is just a 5 minute walk away and only takes about 20 minutes to get uptown.
Good value for money - you just need to get a room at the back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Meriel F
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thanks for a brilliant stay! The staff, magnificent!!the location, magnificent.
Thank you to Jasmine for her beautiful smile each morning. Thanks to Angel for his local insight. Not enough room on the page to say everything. I will recommend this hotel to
Anyone going to New York! Thanks again for a wonderful New York Experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Belinda P