“great delicous and exotic food and history in the east village”

New York Food Tours
Ranked #25 of 102 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New York Food Tours takes tourists and locals alike to experience the colorful history, unique diverse culture and progressive development of New York City through food. We offer several theme-based food tours. Our Food Tours are focused on: * Historic Neighborhoods * Ethnic Cultures and Cooking * Ethnic Vegetarian Foods
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Costa Rica
“great delicous and exotic food and history in the east village”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I went to New York a few days ago all the way from Costa Rica and did the East Village Tour. It was a great way to explore the village and eat exotic and delcious food I wouldnt have tasted before. Mamoun`s falafel and Vinieros were my favorite!!

New York
“Wonderful Tour of Meatpacking District!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My mother and I, both from Long Island, took the cheslea/meatpacking tour and had a blast. It's amazing how many times I have walked through the Chelsea market and around the neighborhood and had no idea of the rich history surrounding it. Our guide was tons of fun and the food was delicious. A perfect day in NYC!

Flanders, NJ
“Great way to spend a few hours!”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was a really fun, informative tour around the East Village. What better way to spend an afternoon than walking around a neighborhood and sampling the best foods they have to offer?

Kaiserslautern, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a great way to get a "taste" of New York!”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We really enjoyed our tour with Candy! The fact that she is a native to East Village and loves the area so much really comes across as she guides you through the neighborhood, providing you with many of the cultural foods and drinks of the area, as well as interesting facts and history along the way! We would love to try another one of her tours when we are in the city again--Thanks Candy!!

New York
“Got to know East Village AND its food”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I'm new to New York, so the East Village food tour was a great intro to the area and its best food. I take out-of-town friends to the spots we went to, which makes me seem way more in the know than I actually am. My favorites were the Asian foods, but it was all good. Candy also knows a lot about the history of the area, which was a great addition.