“Great way to spend a few hours!”

New York Food Tours
Ranked #26 of 104 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New York Food Tours takes tourists and locals alike to experience the colorful history, unique diverse culture and progressive development of New York City through food. We offer several theme-based food tours. Our Food Tours are focused on: * Historic Neighborhoods * Ethnic Cultures and Cooking * Ethnic Vegetarian Foods
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Flanders, NJ
“Great way to spend a few hours!”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was a really fun, informative tour around the East Village. What better way to spend an afternoon than walking around a neighborhood and sampling the best foods they have to offer?

Kaiserslautern, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a great way to get a "taste" of New York!”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We really enjoyed our tour with Candy! The fact that she is a native to East Village and loves the area so much really comes across as she guides you through the neighborhood, providing you with many of the cultural foods and drinks of the area, as well as interesting facts and history along the way! We would love to try another one of her tours when we are in the city again--Thanks Candy!!

New York
“Got to know East Village AND its food”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I'm new to New York, so the East Village food tour was a great intro to the area and its best food. I take out-of-town friends to the spots we went to, which makes me seem way more in the know than I actually am. My favorites were the Asian foods, but it was all good. Candy also knows a lot about the history of the area, which was a great addition.

Uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Culinary exploration of hidden NY by delightful enthusiast”
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Don't have any breakfast beforehand. Be prepared to try weird and
wonderful treats from around the world visiting about 8 places in
east village. Candy chan guides with infectious enthusiasm of her
local neighbourhood

Los Angeles
“Such great food that you would never find on your own”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Candy gave me a private tour of many great restaurants and food shops in New York city. She knew a lot of the history and culture where the foods came from. I had a 21 hour layover at JFK as I was on my way to the Dominican Republic and I took the air train and subway into the city to have this tour with Candy of Food Tours of NY. It was a great deal and I ate for 3 hours straight with Candy. This tour was great especially since New York has so many great places to eat that it is sometimes overwhelming and Candy sorted it all out for me to get the best food in the city. I hope to be back in the City soon for a longer period of time because I would go on 2 or 3 tours since I love food and exploring new types of food in different cities around the world. Becareful with the hot spicy food, NYC seems to have a lot more spice and heat in its foods than other cities. Always have a bottle of water with you.