“Such great food that you would never find on your own”

New York Food Tours
Ranked #26 of 100 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New York Food Tours takes tourists and locals alike to experience the colorful history, unique diverse culture and progressive development of New York City through food. We offer several theme-based food tours. Our Food Tours are focused on: * Historic Neighborhoods * Ethnic Cultures and Cooking * Ethnic Vegetarian Foods
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles
“Such great food that you would never find on your own”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Candy gave me a private tour of many great restaurants and food shops in New York city. She knew a lot of the history and culture where the foods came from. I had a 21 hour layover at JFK as I was on my way to the Dominican Republic and I took the air train and subway into the city to have this tour with Candy of Food Tours of NY. It was a great deal and I ate for 3 hours straight with Candy. This tour was great especially since New York has so many great places to eat that it is sometimes overwhelming and Candy sorted it all out for me to get the best food in the city. I hope to be back in the City soon for a longer period of time because I would go on 2 or 3 tours since I love food and exploring new types of food in different cities around the world. Becareful with the hot spicy food, NYC seems to have a lot more spice and heat in its foods than other cities. Always have a bottle of water with you.

Vancouver
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“East Village Eclectic Treats”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

A fun and intimate tour of the East Village - so many cultures and their food in a few city blocks. I loved that I could try a bit of everything and I've already gone back to some of the eateries for more. Great tour guide, wonderful service and a fun way to make new friends

Bristol,UK
“Best thing I did in New York”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Really enjoyed this guided tour around the culinary highlights of the Lower East Side - very informative and delicious food from places that I probably wouldn't have considered otherwise. Saw the area both through our lovely guide Candy's eyes and the constantly changing immigrant population of the past century. I've visited NY a number of times but this tour introduced me to a wonderful neighbourhood that I felt at home in. Candy was very relaxing to be with, it felt like a friend was showing me their favourite places. It was both the best thing that we did in NY and the most memorable - my teenager children agree!

columbus, oh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Personalized & delicious!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I took the east village tour. It was affordable and amazing! We sampled food from at least six different restaurants while Candy, our guide, informed us about the city and the food. Candy also personalized the tour to our tastes! She told us about other restaurants we might enjoy later and allowed us to stop in stores that were not on the tour. She was genuinely excited about sharing her enthusiasm for different cuisines. I would definitley use New York Food Tours the next time I visit!

1 Thank speedreeser
New York
“fun and delicious!”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I went on a food tour of the East Village with NY Food Tours and had a great experience. It was a good balance between cultural information and really delicious food. I left the tour quite full and was glad to have been shown eateries I might never have found on my own. A great way to eat off the beaten track! I would recommend this to any adventurous eater.