“Informative and fun”

New York Food Tours
Ranked #26 of 105 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New York Food Tours takes tourists and locals alike to experience the colorful history, unique diverse culture and progressive development of New York City through food. We offer several theme-based food tours. Our Food Tours are focused on: * Historic Neighborhoods * Ethnic Cultures and Cooking * Ethnic Vegetarian Foods
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We did the Vegetarian Tour in Chinatown NYC and it surpassed our expectations! Candy, our guide was knowledgeable (history of Chinatown and on food), perceptive and able to adapt the tour to members of the group and their food preferences. Her sense of humour was delightful! Our past attempts at trying various things from Asian supermarkets pales in comparison to the foods we tried on the tour e.g the freshly made soy milk which is nothing like the soy milk you buy at the regular supermarket. There were a wide variety treats: a tea shop, a candy store and a dim sum restaurant as well as tips to other places to try should you return to experiment further.

1  Thank NyGnu
"food samples"
in 3 reviews
"rice balls"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
in 36 reviews
"knowledge"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2012

You don't have to be a tourist to love these tours! Took my native New York sons to visit Chinatown the right way. Our tour guide Candy was terrific! We came away not only satiated on the fantastic food but knowledgeable about Chinatown's lore and people. Highly recommended!

1  Thank rushndry
Reviewed December 10, 2012

very interesting tour, excellant food and great tour guide ( Candy) was great!!!!! Great tour for adults.Not for wheel chair patrons.

2  Thank lindav17517
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've been living in the city for 5+ years and never ventured further than the one trusty dim sum restaurant in Chinatown that someone recommended to me when I first moved here. I'm so glad I signed up for this tour while my parents were in town visiting. Candy took us to so many great spots- the food was delicious and we really learned a lot about Chinatown too. My parents had a ball and now I have so many places to return to. I would highly recommend this, especially when entertaining visitors to the city. Enjoy!

2  Thank sheraj2