“Tastes of Chinatown”

New York Food Tours
Ranked #26 of 105 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New York Food Tours takes tourists and locals alike to experience the colorful history, unique diverse culture and progressive development of New York City through food. We offer several theme-based food tours. Our Food Tours are focused on: * Historic Neighborhoods * Ethnic Cultures and Cooking * Ethnic Vegetarian Foods
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 29, 2012

You don't have to be a tourist to love these tours! Took my native New York sons to visit Chinatown the right way. Our tour guide Candy was terrific! We came away not only satiated on the fantastic food but knowledgeable about Chinatown's lore and people. Highly recommended!

1  Thank rushndry
"food samples"
in 3 reviews
"rice balls"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
in 36 reviews
"knowledge"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 10, 2012

very interesting tour, excellant food and great tour guide ( Candy) was great!!!!! Great tour for adults.Not for wheel chair patrons.

2  Thank lindav17517
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've been living in the city for 5+ years and never ventured further than the one trusty dim sum restaurant in Chinatown that someone recommended to me when I first moved here. I'm so glad I signed up for this tour while my parents were in town visiting. Candy took us to so many great spots- the food was delicious and we really learned a lot about Chinatown too. My parents had a ball and now I have so many places to return to. I would highly recommend this, especially when entertaining visitors to the city. Enjoy!

2  Thank sheraj2
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Candy, our guide was informing and entertaining in equal measure and the selection of different foods we tried were perfectly considered to give as diverse a tasting experience as possible. Greenwich Village is the ideal location for such a tour and we would wholeheartedly recommend it!

1  Thank multiply
See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went on the Exotic Chinatown Food Tour with Candy as our guide. Had a great time. Definitely want to pace yourself. By the end we were so full it was no longer enjoyable - which was a shame because the food was great. Candy was fairly knowledgeable and a good guide although not overly personable. Also a bit vague on some of her answers to questions. Lovely person though. Would absolutely recommend.

1  Thank TravelingBex123