“Very good Pizza”
Review of Mario's Trattoria - CLOSED

Mario's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 38th and 9th
Transit: Port Authority and Penn Station
Mississauga, Canada
“Very good Pizza”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The pizza was greta, the pasta was just OK. The service was great, and the place itself is very cozy and intimate. I have to note the bathroom decor was great ;)

Visited August 2013

Dumont, New Jersey
“Amazing Place! Food and service were outstanding!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My girlfriend had purchased a groupon to this place and surprised me with going here. We were seated in the center of the restaurant. The place is small so people have to sit close but I think it makes for a cool atmosphere. I got to talking to the people seated next to me as well and soon Mario the owner made his way over. We talked with him for quite some time and he was great. The food was great the fried calamari was out of this world! Anyhow I was so happy with the service Mario even ended up buying me and my girlfriend the first round! Despite the fact that it was rush hour on a Friday night (7/12/13) and the place was jammed pack the wait staff did everything in their power to make our experience an unforgettable one. They waited on us hand and foot Mario also was incredible, any time the wait staff was too busy to do something he jumped right on it.

Listen if your a high maintenance person and the slightest little malfunction will upset you then you may not listen to my reviews... But if you are the average Joe looking for a great meal in NYC less then a minute away from Times Square, for a price that is obviously reasonable! This place is the place to go! Drinks like Scotch on the rocks and Jack and coke were $8 each and they were generous drinks! The food was less then $55 for both of us! This is a must go to restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
“Fantastic meal and a wonderful owner.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After speaking to the owner to compliment the food he said he recently fired the entire staff and hired a new chef and service staff. The place is small but food is great and good value. Mario was very attentive despite training 3 new staff at the time. Quite close to time square and right near the distrikt hotel. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
Denver, CO
“Food just OK, service lacking”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The place is small, but inviting. I sat down and ordered eggplant parm with fettuccine as my pasta. They took my order and left. A few minutes later, they asked me if I want bread. Every NY Italian restaurant I've ever been to just brings bread without asking. I said I wanted it, and a few minutes later I got some pieces of bread that were clearly microwaved. Really? Microwaved bread? Was not crusty or good in any way.

Next came my entree, with no pasta. While I waited for the waitress to come back, I looked at my eggplant and the cheese was only half melted. I was so hungry I just dug in. Bland, bland, bland. A few minutes later the waitress brought my pasta (I hadn't asked where it was), but it was spaghetti, not the fettuccine I ordered. Again, too hungry to care so I ate it.

All in, the food was not great, and the service needs help. I would not come back here.

• Visited June 2013
Mountain Brook, Alabama, United States
“Yummy Italian comfort food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

after a long day walking all over the javitz it was wonderful to walk in to Mario's and sneak in from the cold and have a cozy dinner. Just what my husband and I needed. We walked straight in around 530 and immediately was seated and greated. A little later we noticed that we got there just in time. The small space filled up quickly. Great wine, great service, great dessert. Will definitely go there again next time in the area.

• Visited February 2013