“Well Worth It”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 1, 2011

For people who like hotels - and let's face it - it's a bit of a club of junkies - there are only a handful of places that really make the extra effort.
It's pretty easy to find a place with a flash spa, gym and shiny marble lobby. It's pretty easy to get a good location if you're willing to pay for it. But how many places offer that bit of extra effort that turn a night in a hotel to one big fun filled, elegant journey?
Crosby Street is the best addition to the New York scene in years. In a city where fashionable boutique hotels open every month on every other corner - it's a little piece of heaven in the middle of Soho. It's creative, fresh, friendly and professional. It has all the trappings you would expect and the staff to back it up. All day dining in the lovely restaurant - drinks available in the drawing room 24 hours a day which is particularly good for jet lagged travelers on NZ time..... If you're going to really enjoy New York - put yourself in the hands of true professionals who will help you to navigate the city like a local without missing any of the must see icons. Give Crosby Street a go, You'll love it.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank pinkberrytraveller

Reviewed January 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night this past weekend. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The lobby was gorgeous and immaculate; the staff was very polite and helpful. Our room was very spacious, especially for NYC and the view from our wall of windows was spectacular. Loved the decor of the room--nothing cookie cutter about it--and the bathroom was sleek. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the layout and furnishing of the rooms, and we loved everything about it. Hope to have an opportunity to stay at the Crosby Street Hotel again soon!

1  Thank mom22tots
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This was our 3rd trip to the hotel restaurant for Sunday Brunch. Same arrogant waiter named Phil O who rolls his eyes and loudly tells other waiters that he's 'fed up' when we asked him to return our Steak and Eggs because the steak was so undercooked and my nephew's cappuccino was so luke warm that we sent it back. He starts clearing the table while everyone is eating. The place is beautiful and glamorous but service is very bad and the food is very buttery as far as brunch. Our total bill for that brunch was $350.00 for 9 of us and it was a big disappointment. That's it for us, we are not going back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NYCHes
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We spent a Saturday night in January at the Crosby Street Hotel. I booked the room directly from the Hotel's website. I was somewhat reluctant to book the stay because I opted for the least expensive rate. It included a standard room and breakfast for two. In the past, I have had experiences with other hotels where I booked the most inexpensive room and was treated poorly at the hotel - either the room was horrible or the service I was given was horrible. However, from the minute we walked through the front door until we checked out the next day, we were treated exceptionally well. Our room was not ready when we arrived and we were told that we had been upgraded and that the wait would be about half an hour. We sat in a very cozy and beautifully decorated room immediately adjacent to the lobby. We ordered tea and coffee and it arrived with cookies. We were not charged. After we finished our refreshments we were told that we had been upgraded to a two room suite. The suite was absolutely beautiful. The bathroom was very spacious. Everything was very clean and well maintained. We had the English breakfast the next morning. If you are an English breakfast fan, the food was very good. If you are not, I believe you can substitute up to the value of the breakfast. The restaurant staff was very pleasant.
The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very professional. The area is great with lots of shopping and restaurant.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We just spent an absolutely superb 4 days at The Crosby. The hotel is perfect in every way from the location smack bang in the middle of everything to the service which was 6* to the absolute splendor and beauty of the place. Having stayed in several hotels in New York now I cannot recommend this one highly enough as probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in, anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 23, 2011

What a hotel. My wife and I stayed here for four nights in early January for our honeymoon, and were absolutely thrilled that we chose this hotel. The attention to detail of all staff members cannot be faulted, and everything about the hotel was thought out and considered. Great location, excellent room and well, can I rave about this place more? You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at the Crosby Street Hotel after hearing good things online about the family of hotels of which Crosby is a part. I had high expectations, and the Crosby Street Hotel exceeded them. From the moment I walked in I felt like I was a welcome and appreciated guest. The property is beautifully kept and has a great vibe. The lobby had a very nice cozy feel, and the front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier (Patrick was a real star when it came to freindly service). I had a great time at the Crosby Street Hotel. I don't typically use a lot of hotel amenities when I travel, so I can't speak to amenity services. The most important things to me are customer service, professionalism, and above-all, cleanliness. The customer service was spectacular. The staff was completely professional, from the front desk to the housekeepers and room service staff. Everyone was extremely courteous. The room was immaculate. It was a good size for New York, with a unique one-of-a-kind style. The mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows gave the room a nice spacious feel. The personal service and the immaculately kept stylish accommodations were well worth the price of the stay. When ever I make it back to New York, I will definitely stay at the Crosby Street Hotel again. I have no reason to go anywhere else.

1  Thank mcla128