“Absolute highlight of our NY experience!”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 23, 2011

What a hotel. My wife and I stayed here for four nights in early January for our honeymoon, and were absolutely thrilled that we chose this hotel. The attention to detail of all staff members cannot be faulted, and everything about the hotel was thought out and considered. Great location, excellent room and well, can I rave about this place more? You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at the Crosby Street Hotel after hearing good things online about the family of hotels of which Crosby is a part. I had high expectations, and the Crosby Street Hotel exceeded them. From the moment I walked in I felt like I was a welcome and appreciated guest. The property is beautifully kept and has a great vibe. The lobby had a very nice cozy feel, and the front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier (Patrick was a real star when it came to freindly service). I had a great time at the Crosby Street Hotel. I don't typically use a lot of hotel amenities when I travel, so I can't speak to amenity services. The most important things to me are customer service, professionalism, and above-all, cleanliness. The customer service was spectacular. The staff was completely professional, from the front desk to the housekeepers and room service staff. Everyone was extremely courteous. The room was immaculate. It was a good size for New York, with a unique one-of-a-kind style. The mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows gave the room a nice spacious feel. The personal service and the immaculately kept stylish accommodations were well worth the price of the stay. When ever I make it back to New York, I will definitely stay at the Crosby Street Hotel again. I have no reason to go anywhere else.

1  Thank mcla128
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I and my partner fell in love with this hotel during our stay.
Everything stated in other praising reviews is the truth. I am quite sure this is because 'the crosby' is a breeze of fresh firmdale air in a city full of show-off-no-substance expensive hotels.
Major plus; it's quiet and private and very clean.
The drawing room off the lobby proved to be the best dinner/hang out space. Forget about the Balthazar!
Can somebody please recommend a similar hotel for half the price in NYC??

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Had a wonderful 5 night stay at this hotel, it has a really relaxing/chill out vibe, with beautiful modern decor in bedrooms and public spaces.

The English breakfast was included in our room rate, but as we perfer something lighter we where allowed to take any breakfast items to the value of the English breakfast. We actually choose to share the Crosby Breakfast which is sufficient for two people.

It will be my first choice of hotel for any future visit to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinTraveler
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Having really made an effort to get to New York during the snow storm, we were very excited about our stay at the Crosby Street Hotel. The location is fantastic, close to excellent restaurants, bars and boutique shopping and easy to travel to and from by subway.

The hotel design, clearly in the Firmdale tradition, is stunning, eclectic and witty with a penchant for pooches. Our room had pleasant views, was beautifully furnished and was a pleasure to be in.

Perhaps having expected so much, we were disappointed by the extremely slow and frankly, poor restaurant service that we experienced on the first 3 days of our 6 day stay. Having to wait for 30 minutes to be asked for our coffee order at breakfast and then a further 20 minutes to receive it is beyond the pale. A similar, if not quite so tardy, experience was repeated for the following 2 breakfasts. The Film Club dinner on the Sunday unfortunately, confirmed that this level of service was as much as could be expected. Again blighted by what seemed to be chaos, we like other reviewers received the wrong food. Beyond the restaurant, the housekeeping service was also patchy - frequently not replacing bathroom products and necessitating a call from the shower to get them!

I would like to hope that the restaurant service was a feature of staffing during the holiday season and perhaps a less experienced group of waiting staff, as there clearly were great improvements after New Years Day - but only after our complaint to the hotel manager.

This hotel is beautiful, in a fabulous location and has all of the potential to become top of its class. It will have to focus on improving its service and the 'little details' that make very good into great.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Tough to find a good hotel with spacious rooms in a good location at a reasonable price...
The Crosby Street Hotel is not cheap, not at all, but the hotel, the rooms, the service and the location are all perfect!
Rooms are huge and very elegant and comfortable with nice large windows. The hotel is nice and small, very elegantly equipped and has a great area for outside breakfast! The bar is extremely cool and the service is very good throughout the whole place.
The location is great, would definitely come again, even though it is not cheap - but again, this is NYC...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The hotel is a nice size and in a good location. The décor is exquisite and they have nice touches like an outdoor courtyard garden with lights and a Christmas tree. The hotel felt quite buzzy and had a good vibe in the evenings.

We asked for a quiet room but were put next door to a lift, although it had good views and loads of light from the floor to ceiling windows. They moved us to a ‘quieter' room, but we found out too late that we were right next door to a cupboard used all the time by staff and the door banged every time it closed! Also, the views were awful although we knew that when we accepted the room.

The bathroom was big with good quality fittings and a really powerful shower. The mini bar is well stocked with all manner of goodies, but it was expensive. They have a cinema and ‘movie nights’, along with a gym, and a good range of films to rent.

We had a breakfast in the hotel and it was very good, although the service was slow. On the strength of it, we tried the restaurant one evening – big mistake! The service was slow and not very professional. The food was bland, presented badly and the whole evening was made worse when they gave us the wrong food so we ended up waiting a long time.

Most of the staff were ok, not brilliant, just ok. Housekeeping was a bit inconsistent.

It’s quite an expensive hotel and I’m not sure it was really worth it. It misses the mark in a variety of ways, particularly with the service and the restaurant.

I wanted to rate this hotel as 'Good' rather than Average or Very Good, but TA doesn't offer this option :o(

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple