“New York - This place is fabulous”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I went with my Mother to New York and wanted to stay in SOHO. Having stayed at other hotels downtown in the past, I was looking for a place where the rooms were not the size of a shoebox. We found it. We took a junior suite which is like a large room with a huge king size bed and large sofa. Our room was overlooking the courtyard. The bedroom was beautifully appointed and the bed was heaven. The bathroom is white and grey marble and had two sinks, a bath and separate shower. Even though we never saw them, the room felt like the housekeepers were always there. Gorgeous fluffy towels, bathrobes, divine amenities. I have stayed in the Soho in London (same hotel group) and they just get it right. The Crosby Street Hotel has an ecclectic charm that i don't think anywhere else has. Im into contemporary art so this was like living in a modern gallery.
The restaurant/ bar is also wonderful and the staff are a mix of Australians/ Americans and English. ONe of the conceierges organised us tickets and restaurant bookings. They were all great, very helpful and made our stay wonderful.
Crosby Street is around the corner from the famous Dean and Deluca and also Balthazar and was close enough to all Soho has to offer. If you are looking to stay downtown this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank tamaramatravelbug
There are newer reviews for Crosby Street Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2010

New York is my favourite city and it never ceases to impress. More often that not the Hotel will let it down, as a hotelier myself I am quite particalular on the details and underlying integrity of product. The Soho location is great and Crosby St is a quiet 'oasis', I suppose if you are in NY on business it might be a bt of a ride uptown - its worth it though. The moment we arrived we were greeted by real people that understood hospitality, they introduced themselves and remanined 'engaged' throughout our 4 night stay. The design is incredibly detailed, at once playful & eclectic, say good bye to hard edged minimalism, this place oozes comfort. The design has maximised natutral light which is so often a rarity and if you are lucky enough to be on one of the higher floors the views can be amazing. Even the lower floors look out on either the cobbled street or courtyard with intereting sculptures. The floor to ceiling windows also open! There are also some great public areas, some of which are for house guests only, including a courtyard which looked amazing after the huge snow fall, however I'm sure would be a highlight in spring. The bar and restaurant were very good, food very good, great martini's and as an Aussie it was exciting to find staff that could be trained on making a decent coffee, in a country that thinks coffee and Starbucks are related its a great asset! I could go on, however it will all be more of the same! Treat yourself and whilst not a bargain its an experience that is full of exceeded expectations. I was told the the owners brought over some of their key staff from their London hotels, it shows, they undersand service and its a pleasant change from the era of out of work actors or models attempting to play hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Jimbob66Sydney
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend Xmas and New Year in New York in the luxurious, but homely, Crosby Street Hotel. With all the warmth that is often lacking in high end hotels the staff made us feel welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble.

We had Xmas lunch in the dining room and the food and the service were both perfect. The bed was absolutely fantastic and the granite and oak bathroom was superbly appointed with Miller Harris products in abundance.

The artwork throughout the hotel was amazing and we often enjoyed coffee in the Drawing Room while looking out onto the outdoor terrace which was filled with snow covered sculptures and lanterns.

The view, from the large warehouse-style windows in the bedroom of the quaint cobbled street and surrounding buildings, was both peaceful and inviting.

Many delightful Soho restaurants and shops and fun places like Greenwich, Tribeca and Chelsea were all in easy walking distance.

We can't wait to stay at the hotel in warmer weather and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who loves casual luxury on a large scale!

Many of the Soho shops and restaurants were

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SuzieQ060
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I have stayed in a great deal of high end hotels across the world and this is by far the best experience I have had. Staff are friendly, helpful and abundant. The decor of the hotel is chic and unforgettable. Unlike many hotels I have stayed in, we used all common areas as they are warm and inviting. The bar is lively and well serviced. (I got to see quite a few Hollywood stars there also which speaks to its popularity!) You are well placed in New York and a minutes walk from the lively streets of Soho.
The bathroom suites have amazing showers and the Miller Harris products are divine. We have since bought the beds they have there for our London home as they were so beautiful to sleep on. The housekeeping service went above and beyond and it was a busy time of year so we left them with a lot to do!
We had a 9 year old child, an elderly couple and young professional crowd and all were taken are of equally. I could not fault anything at the Cosby and am looking forward to my next stay.
This is my first review on this website and that is because I felt it necessary to mention such amazing service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank El_AnLondon
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The hotel is excellent and I have zero complaints and there are plenty of other reviews that share that experience already...I want to point out the actual street. Crosby Street is an amazing romantic classic downtown old New York cobble stone street smack in the middle of Soho but away from the tourist mobs. It used to be the hotbed for creative and artistic types. It's quiet, chic and bespoke (if you will). There are a few really impressive and unique shops all along the street right in front of the hotel! To the left is a super cool little surf coffee shop that recently opened. There is also a nice tapas place called N. Jil Sander has a wonderful shop at the end. Also on the end on the other side of the street is another very well done antique-y type shop. To the right of the hotel is a beautiful shaving and fragrance apothecary type place. On the opposite side of that is one of the best book shops I have ever been into!

ENJOY!