“Gorgeous Hotel in a Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosby Street Hotel

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #6 of 475 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Gorgeous Hotel in a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I live in lower Manhattan and fell in love with the Crosby Street Hotel when a good friend suggested it for drinks one night. The decor is beautiful and the food is fantastic. Since then, I have always looked for an excuse to stay there and finally had the chance to book a room there for my wedding— my fiancé and I wanted to spend the night before the wedding apart and I wanted a place that would work for getting ready with my sister and mom as well as a place to stay with my husband the night of the wedding.

I booked a deluxe room on a top floor, but when I mentioned that I was getting married that weekend, they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom suite on the 11th floor. The room was absolutely stunning, with an incredible view of the neighborhood. It was also extremely quiet and I was able to get my beauty rest the night before my wedding. All of the touches in the room, from the furniture to the glassware, are highly curated and beautiful. It's elegant without being stuffy—comfortable luxury.

The staff there was incredibly helpful. When I needed something printed out they brought it up to my room almost immediately. As I was leaving the hotel in my wedding gown, it was raining and the doorman took each person from the door to our car with an umbrella and helped us with all our bags. When my husband and I arrived on the night of our wedding, there was a bottle of champagne waiting. Everyone was super friendly.

The room service was also delicious. I ordered breakfast twice during my stay and it was wonderful.

Although the hotel is expensive (I don't think I could bring myself to pay full price for a suite there!) they definitely pull out all the stops and treat their guests right. If you're looking for a splurge while in New York, I couldn't think of a better place.

Room Tip: The top floors have a great view of lower manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed June 27th and 28th. The hotel is beautifully and uniquely decorated. From the time you arrive you are greeted by very friendly valets to help you get bags out of your car; escorted to front desk to check in, and then assist with luggage to your room. Our check- in experience was fine except rooms were not ready @ 1:30 pm. After a few minutes we we're told rooms just became available on the 4th floor. For $600+ a night I would have expected a higher floor. One room was right next to elevator and our second room just down the hall. Both overlooked Crosby St. versus the backside of the hotel overlooking a private garden/patio area. Def preferred our view but heard the garden view side is much quieter. On the 4th floor you def hear the street level noise, even with windows closed. And I could hear our travel mates talking in their rooms from the hallway. Crystal clear. Our room's decor was just mediocre. A bit flat and unexciting with navy and yellow curtains with a matching headboard. The highlight of the room was the bathroom. Very roomy with double sinks and a shower that made you want to stay there all day. Water pressure was phenomenal. And to top it off, towels hang on a warming rack. Beds were so-so comfy. A bit too firm for my liking.
The hotels restaurant was the worst part of the hotel, IMO. Service was really slow. I mean REAALLY slow. You'd think they had to get everything from the dungeon 3 levels underground where the bathrooms reside. The food was absolutely not worth the prices they charge. We started off with the housemade guacamole. Good. Then we shared several items such as the margherita flatbread. Crust was soggy and chewy. Overall taste was bland. Not good. The Reubenini sliders. Basically a Reuben sandwich cut diagonally to make 4 triangles. Just okay. Croque Monsieur... Great if you like bread. The bread was very thick and nestled between two slices was a modest amount of ham. Again, just okay. The highlight was the housemade bar fries. Tasted just like McDonalds shoestring fries. Delicious. $157 later we left very dissatisfied wishing we had walked to the corner and gone to the highly rated Balthazar for lunch.

Overall, our stay was pleasant. Location in SoHo is great. But everything we wanted to do was midtown ( theatre district, Saks, Henri Bendel, Patsy's...) With the exception of the restaurant, the hotel service was top notch. Wouldn't stay again. At these prices would rather stay at the Gansevoort , the Carlyle, The Towers at the New York Palace...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Melissa F
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The service at the hotel was amazing! The decor in the room is beautiful and the beds are very, very comfortable. The hotel is located on a quiet block and the rooms were quiet too. The breakfast and the lunch were both delicious. We felt like we were in London!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better but prices go up with the floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jahiet
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This beautiful hotel in SoHo has it all. The staff is very friendly, decor is amazing, the food is tasty and the drinks at the bar, oh man, just perfect! I was there for an annual conference organized by my firm, they are so good at organizing these!

• Stayed June 2014
south
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

What a fantastic stay at this hotel! I visited for two night in May and can honestly say it was the best two nights I have ever had in NYC. The decor is so interesting and fun, the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the room/bathroom was superb, the courtyard was lovely and inviting, the location was amazing. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay in the Soho area. I couldn't have made a better choice in hotels. Balthazar was practically across the street, Bloomie's just on the next block plus all the other wonderful boutiques within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

In general, we liked it very much, an exquisite decor in the lounges and room, a wonderful neighbour (Soho) location. What was terrible was the street location: Crosby St is a kind of service way for stores located in Broadway St, and starting at the end of the afternoon it becames packed with lots of huge garbage bags, which are collected by noisy trucks all night long, which was a problem for us because we love sleeping with opening windows (if you do so, ask for a room in the higher floors, we paid a high noise toll by being in a lower one...). Prices are adequate for the level of the hotel and services are ok, meaning they may well be a little bit more attentive to the guests.

Room Tip: if you like sleeping with open windows, don't choose a room in lower floors street front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PPullen
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The service from every member of the staff was amazing. Everything was anticipated before we asked for it. There is a sitting room for gussets of the hotel that is so comfortable. You really never want to leave...just move right in. Usually we like to eat outside of the hotel. Not here, the breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced. Cocktails were mixed by professional mixologists. And dinner was delicious and memorable. This was a fantastic neighborhood for shopping!

Room Tip: Try a higher floor. Rooms from the 3rd thru 5th look into the neighboring buildings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends