“Excellent !”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our second stay at the Crosby Street Hotel and it was just as good as our last visit. Staff are genuinely helpful and interested in their guests. Both reception and concierge staff were outstanding.

Our room (903) was fine beautifully presented and had great views.

Our only disappointment was the waiting staff at breakfast. They lacked interest in their guests. Several times we had to chase them up to get what we wanted. We did not have dinner in house but expect that the waiting/serving would be much better there.

Overall a great location, excellent fit out and presentation and genuine helpful staff.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PeterR931

Reviewed July 10, 2013

All the positive reviews about this boutique hotel are SPOT ON. This place is lovely. Our family of five stayed in a junior suite connecting to a deluxe room for several days. Had plenty of space. We also slept well. The beds were extremely comfortable, including - surprise, surprise - the pull-out couch! The shower pressure and temperature were perfect. Right amount of space to keep belongings organized and out-of-the way. The mini bar frig kept drinks well chilled. The a/c functioned efficiently and quietly. The hallways were well-lit. Elevators were speedy.
The bar has some really tasty things and the wine list is extensive.
Fabulous location for shopping in Soho. Subway stops are close as well as a ton of cabs.
Downside? TAXES to New York. This applies to any hotel in the city. For two rooms plus valet parking we paid a whopping $250.00 in taxes PER NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! The rate is around 14.67% on the room and 18.38% on the car parking. We budgeted for this trip and were prepared to spend the money. Please make sure you do too! You don't want to end up paying credit card interest on taxes.
Yes, staying in Manhattan is expensive especially at a place like the Crosby Street Hotel. This luxury boutique hotel is well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JojomomBoston
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I met a dear friend for a long afternoon’s discussion at the Crosby Street Hotel bar. The interior design of this hotel is simply world-class, and absolutely breathtaking in its freshness and brilliance. Really just spectacular. This ambiance had an impact on what was already going to be a fun conversation. Indeed, we lingered over our iced teas and enjoyed first-rate hospitality. I have now found my “home base” for future visits to NYC, and I will be staying as a guest at this outstanding property tucked away on a quiet street in SOHO. A gem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Worldtraveler68
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Where to start? One word - quality.

From the staff, to the room finishes, to the linen to the location. This hotel is a wonderful choice.

My stay was short and I didn't have anything out of the ordinary I needed assistance with, but you can tell the staff care about the experience of those staying.

The rooms are well appointed, with a wonderfully comfortable bed, great cushions and pillows, a separate couch, arm chair and some cushions on the window sill to take advantage of the floor to ceiling windows. I stayed in a standard courtyard room and it did not feel basic at all.

The guest sitting room was a nice option after a busy day or evening on the streets of NY, with an honour system bar for a nightcap or afternoon drink.

My initial reason for selecting this hotel was location, but I have no doubt it is far more superior than other smaller hotels in the Soho area. If you are going to spend most of your spare time in Lower Manhattan, don't look any further.

Having stayed at several chain hotels further uptown, I think Crosby Street is fantastic value for money and I am very pleased I had the opportunity to stay there! I will certainly be back next visit.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Worldticket
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at Crosby Street hotel for a weekend. The staff is impeccably trained and it shows. Rooms are not huge but very nicely appointed and absolutely spotless. The quality of the furnishings is head and shoulders above similar offerings in NYC. For those who pay attention to these things (and I know that not everybody does) -- water pressure in the shower is the the best I've experienced in my travels. Great breakfast on an outdoor patio. Try it out if the weather is nice.

Will definitely consider again for our NYC weekend getaways....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank world_traveler_ct
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Really impressed at all the staff at this lovely hotel, especially the doormen - one even went off in the tropical storm to find me a taxi from one of the busier roads nearby. They remember your name and make it seem like you're a special customer. Funky design, big windows, good location, free wifi, peaceful even in the midst of Soho - and even a chance for celeb spotting, with the film evenings at their cinema.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and both times enjoyed every minute. The hotel is gorgeous, probably the most beautifully decorated hotel I've ever stayed at. The restaurant and bar area is great. It's situated on a perfect street in Soho. The only downside - extremely expensive (but worth every penny).

• Stayed: May 2013