“Location, style and service. What more do you need..?”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #6 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking somewhere special for my girlfriend and I to take my Mum and stepdad on his 60th birthday and we certainly found it.

In the cool heart of soho is this gem of a hotel. Ok the free upgrade for my stepfarther from a deluxe junior suite to the $3750 a night Crosby Suite helped but we enjoyed our standard room almost as much.

The hotel is beautiful. Looks like it has been around for years but actually only built a couple of years ago. This means it is purpose made to please. There are little touches everywhere (loved the free cuff links) and light streams in from all sides.

The staff are great but not fussy and the whole place has a relaxed luxurious feel.

I have been a fan of the firmdale hotels for a while and this is another great addition.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Skinsy77

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at the Crosby Street recently and everything was just perfect. From the moment we arrived we were struck by the attention to detail from the welcome, the service, the beautiful decor and general ambience.It was early evening and everywhere candles glowed giving a warm welcoming glow. The hotel itself is big enough to feel spacious yet small enough to feel inviting and homely.
We loved the decor with its quirky art and each time we walked through the lobby and bar we spotted something new to entertain us.
The rooms were lovely : fresh, spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds and great pillows. But its those little extras- like a decent hairdryer which make the difference. The shower is excellent and who uses a bath these days !
We had a lovely breakfast with very well cooked eggs and we would have used the courtyard if the weather had been warmer. The surrounding area is fairly busy with lots of shops nearby and you can pick up the bus tours just down the road.
Would thoroughly recommend Balthazar just down the road, where you can enjoy a great meal in a friendly atmosphere.
All in all Crosby Street is a little oasis in the frenetic city of NY. If you want all the hustle and bustle of Times Square then don't stay here, but if you want to enjoy the fun and energy of NY by day and escape to some luxury and tranquility in the evening then you won't find better!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank funfuniom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed in several good hotels in NY, but this hotel was the best by far.

It is quirky, friendly and perfectly located for a private trip. 3 subway stations are close by from where you can get easily around Manhattan. Funky boutiques, restaurants, bars etc are right at your doorstep too.

The rooms are of a good size, well equipped, amazingly quiet for NY and the shower's water pressure is heavenly. The interior design of the rooms is refreshengly different to most hotels in the world. Very fun and uplifting. The rooms are light due to the beautiful huge windows. Oh yes, the beds are very good too-we slept so well! Room service is quick and delicious. The lobby, restaurant and library are beautiful and welcoming. And the gym is also well equipped.

The front desk staff is super friendly and helpful and so is the concierge team. Only the restaurant staff could smile a little more.

We had the best 4 days in this great city! Thank you to the Crosby Street Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarinGlobal
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have travelled to NYC on vacation for the past 5 years at least and each trip I have stayed in a different hotel in a different part of the city. I must say that this hotel and location is now my new favourite. The staff were very attentive and accomodating, I was so grateful for the lunch reservation at Balthazar on a Sunday with only a few hours notice. The room was beautifully decorated, as is the entire hotel. Sadly I don't think it's a great choice for me to return to in December with my three kids as the rooms are too small, so if that's what your after then try The Surrey. However if it was just for the grown ups then I'd come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful. It is full of art and very personal. I prefer this type of small lobby. The lobby and the Drawing room are great places to hang out and read, have a drink or wait for a friend. The junior suite we had was great. We had an unobstructed view looking east. The room and bathroom are very comfortable. My only minor nit picking criticism is that once they did not replace the glasses we used in the bar. Also some days we got one wash towel and other days two. At this price level one has high demands. It has no affect on my love of the hotel.
The staff is very good and attentive. The location is superb. Soho is full of life. There are plenty of stores and restaurants. There are at least 3 subway lines within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paul_mcmlx
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a pleasant Boutique hotel in a great part of NYC. Expensive for sure...especially considering the size of the rooms. Good but not outstanding!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank mcfcok7750
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at the Crosby Street Hotel in June 2010 with a large family group celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. Our group was mixed ages from two children aged 6+ up to grandparents who were late 70's.

It was the perfect location to keep everyone together and make us feel very welcome. The staff were very accommodating and everything was done to a very high standard.

We arrived and were overwhelmed by the decor and the reception, I personally loved the alphabet head sculpture by the reception desk.

Our room was absolutely amazing and we were left a lovely handwritten note and box of chocolates on arrival. A nice personal touch!

We were in NY for four days and on the third night we had a family meal in the private dining room. The food was fantastic along with the service and we had use of the cinema, drawing room and dining room. It again was a great way to keep us all together and allow us time to catch up and reflect on our once in a lifetime trip.

The hotel is a great location, around the corner from Bloomingdales and easily accessible to the subway. We tended to get taxis most places as there was a large group of us and this didn’t take long to get to the main tourist attractions.

The hotel has a lovely patio area which is great for sitting out and having a drink after a long day of site seeing.

This hotel isn’t cheap but is worth every penny. I can’t recommend it highly enough and if I go back to New York I hope I’m lucky enough to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family