“The Best Hotel in New York”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is my third stay (I think) at the Crosby, and it just gets better. Owned by London-based Firmdale Group, the Crosby has the lively style, impeccable personal service and great location of the Soho, Haymarket and other sister hotels. If you want all the great aspects of a boutique property and none of the we're-too-cool to be helpful vibe of trend-surfing hotels like the Standard or any Schrager property past, present or future, then the Crosby is YOUR hotel as it is mine.

The room was decent size for NY, and beautifully done in classic Firmdale style - a unique combination of modern and classic British style - think what a hotel by Paul Smith might look like, and you're not far off.

But what sets this hotel above and beyond is the service. How do they know my name wherever I go? How do they remember how I like my coffee? And make it all seem effortless instead of as a play for a tip??? I don't want to know, just keep treating me this way back and it will remain my ONLY choice of hotels in the cities they are in. Right now, that's NYC and London, but I have heard they are scouting West Coast properties now.

The one inexplicable shortcoming is only the suites have bathtubs. If you can live without a tub, the showers are big and have amazing water pressure, then make this YOUR hotel as well. You will never regret the choice.

2  Thank RonK_LA

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Relaxing with attentive, but not suffocating service. A class act who have translated their successful London formula well in NY.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 25, 2011

It's such a pleasure to write about the Crosby Street Hotel. This was our first visit and we were greeted like old friends. The CSH staff, start to finish, is genuinely gracious, welcoming and attentive. The indoor and outdoor public spaces are homey and inviting, so told as the place was filled with both out -of- towners and locals. (Yet another good sign) Our room and view were stunning and had it not been for the City of New York, I wouldn't have strayed. This hotel says "I am a special place" without being contrived or overly "aren't I swell." I love that they pull off this sensibility and do so because of the staff and sense of style throughout. We are now amongst their loyal clientele.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view...especially on the Crosby Street side.
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is one of my favorite hotels in New York. I like staying in all their hotels. The rooms are great, well appointed. Service is good - will go out of their way to help but they need a business center. Food is good and service in the restaurant is good if a tad slow. I would recommend it if you can get a good deal

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2011

i stayed here for 4 nights towards the end of October.it is a superbly decorated and well furnished hotel, with a reasonable gym, excellent bar and breakfast buffet.Amenities are good and the bathroom is well lit, the bed is comfortable and it cannot be faulted on cleanliness.The elevators are a tad slow and the location is ideal if you are a shopper for fashionable gear and tat, but not for buisness folk.overall, I tohught the service was good and helpful, with one exception , a fat chap with black hair who works on reception and was uniformly rude from start to finish.He didnt help with my bags when I arrived, had a condescending attitude to allcomers( I observed him a couple of times with other guests) and frankly lets the whole place down.No doubt he will be rooted out in due course! in terms of value, at 800 dollars a night plus taxes this is no bargain, but I would definetely stay here again

Room Tip: away from the street is best, higher floors...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jimmhk
Reviewed October 23, 2011

WE have been to most of this hotel group in London.
They never stop to amaze us with their good taste of rooms, wonderful staff and
service, attending all our needs, location and design.
The stay in Crosby Street hotel was wonderful due to all the above and the location
in the center of Soho, though in a side, quiet street.
We had breakfast and lunch in their resturant, again the food and service was
perfect. We were served by a staff member called Naromi who was very charming
and make us feel like in a private home rather than a busy hotel.
And this is exactly the difference between hospitality and management when you describe
your stay at an hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect, I am sure
Reviewed October 18, 2011

After staying in London at the sister hotel Soho hotel I decided to cheek out the Crosby.
It is a beautiful hotel in a great location, perfect breakfast and attentive staff.
The room was very comfortable good room service. My son loved the fact that when you order a movie you receive popcorn!!!
The only tiny little problem was that the TV was too small.
We will surly come back.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family