I've been staying at Chambers on my NYC business trips for quite a few years. A while ago it went through a bad spot when the bar/restaurant closed but now that Milk and Ma Peche have opened up it seems to have re-found it's zeitgeist. Tucked away in midtown with subtle signage it's a retreat from 5th Av. The rooms are dark but well appointed, beds comfy and service excellent. But there are two major stand outs:
1) free wifi. Why on earth don't all hotels do this now? It makes a travellers life so much easier and the those few extra $$$ aren't worth it.
2) the showers. I've seen many hotels boast of their waterfall showers but these guys have nailed it. The best shower I've had. So much water you dare not turn it onto full power for fear of drowning standing up. Love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chambers is just off Fifth Avenue on 56th Street in the heart of midtown Manhattan and steps from the most prestigious shopping area in the world, museums and Central Park, offers a seamless fusion of uptown luxury and downtown cool. With a relaxed, attentive culture of service, Chambers is one of New York’s most alluring and chic hotels. Within its 72 rooms and 5 suites you will find an oasis of calm amid the hustle and bustle of one of the most exciting cities in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chambers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chambers Hotel New York City
- Chambers New York City