Chambers Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$409
$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$232
$223
$346
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsma pechemilk barcentral parkboutique hotelnew yorkrain showertrump towerfifth avenuebottled watergreat showersmall hotelbath productsbasic roomgreat boutiqueroom servicegreat amenitiesturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed couple of times in Chambers, its quiet nice, clean, simple and different. I guess the rooms need to be renovated soon, they are on the edge now. The location of this hotel is great its on 56th and the 5th ave, very good for people visiting NY for shopping! Although might not go there again. A bit overpriced

• Stayed: March 2013
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear SAZ040,

Thank you for taking your time in letting us know your thoughts.
We would like to have you as our guest every time you are in New York and I will be delighted to handle your reservation personally. To that end please contact me directly when next your travels bring you to our fair city.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for one night. Hotel was fine but there was only luke warm water so had a nice cool shower. When I mentioned this on checkout, I was told I should have mentioned this earlier (difficult from the shower !) and nobody else had this problem. Made me feel like I was asking for a rebate. An apology would have sufficed.
We had our office Christmas party at this hotel in 2011 and were thinking of doing the same this year but this has left a bad taste.
Seemed like a nice hotel so it's a pity that it could not the basics right.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank UVIRXRAY

Dear UVIRXRAY,

I am sorry and apologize for your not having felt understood. Of course, the first words from any of our terrific staff should have been, " I am very sorry."
Knowing everyone as I do, I can surely imagine they were deeply chagrined to hear of your having not had the perfect experience we all strive to provide and their intent was only to hope being able to make your shower a glorious cavalcade of hot water, for which Chambers is renowned.

In all events, we certainly hope you will consider once again having your Winter Holidays with us and please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns you may have.

Once again, I am very sorry indeed you left Chambers feeling anything less than stellar.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic if you are wanting a helpful buzzy concierge, comfy room and amazing shower with good products!!!

The best thing for us (20 something couple with friends also staying in New York) was the staff. They reserved us tables at gorgeous reataurants and helped with bar recommendations. As this was our first trip to New York, we found that extremely helpful.

People have commented on the dark hallways, not a problem for us. From the lift to room is about 5 m! Even if it was pitch black you could find your room. It wasnt though, and we thought it added to the cool ambience of the hotel. Standard room was a good size considering how much time you spend in it and furnishings were good quality and room was clean.

Token for free drink at the bar next door was a nice touch. We went on our second day to use it (there was no limit to which drink you could order).

Overall a good choice of hotel for a trip to New York. All the big stores around the corner and central park practically on the doorstep. Oh, and quality meats (a restaurant the hotel recommended-yum!) is 5 mins walk!

ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear little-wrigglers,

We are thrilled you found Chambers to your liking and very pleased you utilized our fine concierges.

Thank you for your all around kind words; I will certainly share them with our entire staff. They will very much appreciate the recognition and we very much appreciate your sharing your good times with TripAdvisor.

Please let me know if I am able to be of any assistance in booking your next trip to New York and Chambers.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hip but not pretentious, three blocks from MoMA and FAO Schwartz, Playstations in the stylish spacious rooms, fantastic dining and drinks at Ma Peche. (check out the Little Kings & corn whiskey happy hour). And competitively priced. We've stayed several times, and are welcomed like returning family.

Room Tip: Fitness center at nearby NY Fitness Club.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony F
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Anthony F.

We are always delighted to have you with us.

Thanks for the shout out.

Ansell

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Friendly , attentive staff , great rooms and a wonderful location . This really is a marvellous hotel for a visit to New York . A great restaurant too and a real feel for the city . The restaurant has an interesting and exciting menu -a real metropolitan feel to the place. The bar was every European feels a New York bar should be . So close to the theatres , Central Park and the museums . A great find . I would certainly go back and recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a real experience of the city and hope that it won't be too long before we're back again .

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael R

Dear Michael R.

We are delighted you found Chambers; we love New York and are indeed very lucky to be placed smack in its center, with all Central Park as our back yard.

Please do come again and feel free to contact me directly that I may assist you with reservations and general man about town sort of things.

Thank you again for your kind words and taking the time to share them with Trip Advisor.