All reviewsbathroom mirrorfront deskmadison square parknew yorkshake shackboutique hotelhigher floorlobby barlocation is greatgreenwich villageyogurtthe empire state buildingrooms are smalltvjetseatalysubway
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our family of 4 spent the weekend in NYC and had a greatbexperience staying at the Flatiron. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was perfect as we're the views. Will be back for sure. Within walking distance of Eataly food gormat shop and Madison Park close by for the children to play in. There are a couple typical diners around for breakfast as well so location is good

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel! What a great location and excellent staff and service. We enjoyed the downstairs bar and entertainment. We didn't find it noisy at all! Loved our room and would definitely choose the flatiron hotel again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is an awesome hotel located just off Broadway. The rooms are incredible and super tech savy. When you walk in you are graced by oversized windows that allow a bright and luxurious room. Some other features include Wifi, an LCD TV, and an iPod charger/dock. This hotel has by far one of the coolest bathroom's I have ever been in...it has amenities like Swiss rainfall showers or Jacuzzi bathtubs and televisions in the bathroom mirror! How awesome is that!

I also highly recommend Toshi's Livingroom for meals. The food is really great with a great variety of cocktails and entertainment. Live music starts as early as 6 pm every night. I suggest this hotel for anyone looking for a fun time in New York City!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I liked this hotel, it was clean, brilliantly located and had wonderfully friendly staff. The décor was very good and the beds fantastically comfy. The owner Toshi has a concept of this hotel which is that it should be a centre of creativity in the area. However, this leads to bands playing every night which to be honest just got annoying, its all well and good a couple of nights a week but c'mon six! Also the bar did not open until 5pm which is not really brilliant after you've hoofed it around in 100 degree heat all day! The bar menu is severely limited. All in all the experience was pleasant but for what we paid we should not have to ask for a high level room and should not be made to feel that the lobby was basically out of bounds if we didn't want to be deafened. Its a good job there are three nice bars within easy walking distance.

Also, Mr Flatiron Hotel, please do not advertise so heavily around the rooftop terrace that isn't open to "normal" residents like us, only the fancy in crowd who get invited to parties. Its a good job trip advisor had pre-warned us or I would have been annoyed about that after the website does not really mention that fact, but does cover itself in lovely pictures of rooftop terraces.

In essence, if Toshi wants to run a hip music bar he should, but this is a hotel!

Room Tip: Specifically request a high level room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JacksonFernandes
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wanted to like this hotel-the location is great, the rooms are big by NY standards. But I arrived very early with 2 kids, left my bags, and was told I'd be called when a room was ready. No call. Finally we came back to the hotel around 6:30 pm and they put us in a room on the 3rd floor, directly above the band in the club Toshi's, downstairs. When you sit on the bed you can feel the pulse of the music below. Said they didn't have any other rooms, but that the music would stop at 2:30 am. Receptionist asked if we were going out? I looked at my kids and then looked back at her. All she said was "there's nothing I can do." It's REALLY not fair to put little kids in this room.
Also, the TV didn't work (although someone came to fix it), I had to climb on the toilet to fix the drapes so that kids weren't using the toilet with all of Broadway watching, there's free wifi but it is truly impossible to get a connection, and the bathtub drain won't hold water. The windows are lovely, looking out onto Broadway, that's one positive and it's pretty clean. But the noise level is truly outrageous. They have no business renting this room as a place for a people to sleep (and they know it).

• Stayed: August 2013