“Perfect Location”

Ranked #349 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect if you are staying in Manhattan and want to be close to everything. Live music every single night of the week is really awesome and keeps you busy. The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They always try to help you to have a great stay and advise you on where to go around the city. Joe, with guest services, gave us a lot of great tips and told us where to go to have fun and enjoy our vacation. Khaili mamnoon (Thank you) Joe.
As far as the room goes, it was on the 10th floor with good views of our surroundings. Awesome 8 head shower, with a TV inside the mirror. Under the beds there was many drawers for our cloths in addition to the big closet in the room. The only problems we had with the room was first the curtains were extremely dirty and had huge stains on them. The stains were also on the pillows and the sheets. Other than that everything was fantastic and we really enjoyed our stay.

3 Thank Jerry R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Rockaway Park, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the hotel March of 2012. It was just a a fun one night stay in the city to get out of the house, we live in Queens. Upon entering the hotel I have to say I loved the fish tank more than anything. And just the all around decor of the hotel is great. Don't think we got a chance to get a drink at the bar, and I just now found out about the outdoor area called "Toshi's Penthouse" which makes me want go back now. Loved the complimentary champagne and chocolates in our room, and also the t.v in the bathroom mirror. Don't really have any complaints, only dissapointment for me was that the jacuzzi/tub was way too small. Staff was professional and friendly, whenever we had a problem or question they seemed more than happy to help. Specifically Benz the night auditor, we had an absolute BLAST talking to him throughout the night. Extremely smart guy and very professional. I would definitely say he was the highlight of our stay, he gave us great tips on where to stay if we ever visit the Philippines! So all around I would say this is definitely a great place to stay whether its for fun or on business, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Leesy M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I want to really like this hotel, I really, really do. The front of the house staff are excellent and the crowd that gathers at Toshi's during the night seems fairly good spirited as far as New York people seem. However there were a few problems. 1) No room service 2) Forgot to clean the room (despite being requested) 3) You can hear the music from the bar all the way up to the penthouse suite.

Overall the hotel feels like a good deal for the money and the people working there are super friendly, the problem is it just didn't quite make for a 5 star experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whatitdothug
Sean A, Director of Operations at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We appreciate you staying at the Flatiron Hotel and noticing great customer service the staff delivers however, the live entertainment from Toshi's Living Room cannot be heard past the fourth floor. We recommend early bird guests to request accommodations in the fourth floor or higher. In addition, housekeeping is very aware as to not serving a room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. We offer continental breakfast Monday thru Friday and have an onsite restaurant located at Toshi's Living Room. Our staff is highly knowledgeable as to other food alternatives customized to your liking.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed in the hotel may of 2013 for a business trip. When walking in I was a little thrown off of how "club-like" it was (it kind of reminded me of a knock-off W.) I consider this 2 reviews

Part 1 (1 star):
My first room was rather dirty:
-door handle falling off
-wad of gum on the counter
-handprint on the head board
-dark stains on the chair
-(memory foam mattress) I am convinced due to a burn and turn/heavily accessed room
-if you are low (4th floor) it is loud

My friends tease me about being high maintenance but after I tried wiping things away, I was grossed out. I called the manager and she came up abruptly, apologized and said they would switch me to another room but they were booked for the night. They surprisingly didn't offer to re-clean the room. I went out and bought lysol wipes and wiped down everything.

The next night I was moved, up to a new floor (6) and it was a DRASTICALLY better room. It was clean, it was quiet, things were in place, the mattress was NOT memory foam. It was a really pleasant stay the additional days. The management was helpful, and the doorman was great. Definitely a 4 star experience.

However, now I am nervous to stay there again, because I am worried about what experience I will receive.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful. Devin, the doorman, was always smiling. He made us feel right at home. Whenever we needed anything, it was delivered to our room immediately. Would definitely stay again.

Verona, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Flatiron June 9, 2013 and were very, very happy that we picked this hotel. Since it was our first trip to NYC and I was traveling with my 15 year old daughter, I really wanted a safe, comfortable and convenient hotel in Manhattan. This hotel was PERFECT. The location was awesome, the room was large, clean and had great views (we stayed in a corner room on the 8th floor). They also have nightly entertainment in the lobby which was a lot of fun, and I did not feel uncomfortable stopping in there for a bit with my 15 year old to enjoy the music. The staff... well, I cannot say enough about them. They were excellent, friendly, knowledgable, helpful and above all courteous. Being complete tourists from Wisconsin, they helped us get around NY, gave advice and made this a trip to remember. Without question we will stay at the Flatiron Hotel on our next visit! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner room on the 8th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence RI
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at the Flatiron on July 6, 2013. The room was clean and coooool(thankfully because there was a heatwave that weekend) The staff was friendly and helpful. Reginald at the frontdesk
and Joe the doorman were exceptional people. Would stay there again. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 3rd floor if its a Saturday, they have live bands in the lounge on the lobby fl...