$189
$205
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$251
$386
$345
Doubletree.com
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$301
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

All reviewsbathroom mirrorfront deskmadison square parknew yorkshake shackboutique hotelhigher floorlobby barlocation is greatgreenwich villageyogurtthe empire state buildingaround the cornerrooms are smalltvjetssubway
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had very helpful attendants, devin and carmello in particular were excellent, we had a nice conversation and they directed us to vegetarian friendly places to eat. Also Benz helped us to our requested room and I am still here and loving it!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Excellent hotel. Quirky designed hotel. The reception area is plain & average until you see the beautiful floor to ceiling fish tank. The ground floor bar continues the vibrant theme with a hint of Alice in wonderland look to the seating.
The rooms were beautiful with the most amazing comfortable beds. Pure perfection after a long trek around New York!! We didn't eat at the hotel but the bar was packed and had live music every night. There wasn't a gym on site but we had use of a gym two blocks down which was fine.
The staff were all very friendly and we would definitely stay again however we were lucky & got a good deal on the room :)
The hotel was located right near a subway (which you could hear!) however that just added to the New York vibe.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor twin Toshi room. Was fab we managed with 4 people in there!! Open the curtains fully and enjoy the views of NYC!! But we could still hear the subway on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you are a frequent visitor to NYC it is fun to stay in different neighborhoods. Flatiron is less crowded and more livable then up town. There is also a great selection of restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Its small size is also a nice change from the uptown monsters. Yes the rooms are small but as a single traveler I was very comfortable. They compensate for the small rooms by having beautiful marble bathrooms and fancy showers. The room had free internet and in room coffee. Breakfast is not available. Oddly it had no clock radio and the automated telephone wakeup call failed me. I enjoyed the view from the 10th floor. Loved those great big windows. There really is no common space. In the lobby there is a club with free entertainment. However if someone was performing the seats were full and the rest of the time that space was closed off. I forgot to turn off my do not disturb sign one day. So when I returned to the room late in the day it was not clean of course. Within 5 minutes of turning off the do not disturb sign housekeeping arrived. Very impressive. A few years ago I stayed at the Giraffe Hotel not that far away. I believe that the Giraffe is much more expensive. It’s hard to tell because hotels are such game players with rates. If the rates were close the Giraffe offers much more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My friend and I got a decent deal on Hotwire and were glad to be in a fairly central location. I will second what others have said, you need to go a distance for any decent food and the subway lines we needed were a 10-15 minute walk. There is, however, a nice whiskey bar just a few hundred feet away.

As RJL mentioned, there were some interesting technological upgrades in the room (tv in the bathroom mirror, button by the bed to close the curtains) but call me old-fashioned, I just want a room without a draft. My friend kept asking me if the window was open and we made a running joke about who has to have the bed closest to the window. While I don't mind the close quarters (this is NYC, after all), when you have to sleep one foot away from a window that feels like it's open, it can be a bit uncomfortable.

Speaking of uncomfortable, the bed was too hard for my taste. I didn't sleep much the three nights we were there but that could have also been because of the incredible noise outside (NYC, I know).

We never went to the bars but I would agree that seems to be where most of the attention is paid. I never really understood the draw...

The reason why I gave a rating as high as "average" was the staff. They were really terrific and attempted to take care of us at every turn. Just don't go to them for recommendations unless you want the true tourist traps of the city...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank the_farmers_wife54
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was looking forward to staying at the Flatiron as the website certainly made it alluring. The room itself wasn't bad and the bed was pretty comfortable. I rank it "poor" for several other reasons.

The bathroom was ridiculous - so small you have to squeeze into it and close the door before you can even see the toilet. No soap dishes of any kind. In fact, no place to put soap or shampoo in the shower other than the floor. They have opted for some trendy "perks" which are nice on the surface but not worth the effort. The bathroom mirror has a TV nested within the mirror itself. At first this seemed pretty cool but quickly became a nuisance as you can really use that part of the mirror for shaving. They also have a wall shower in addition to the overhead but the showere stall is so ridiculously small I could barely squeeze into it. I'd prefer a soap dish over these expense and useless additions.

The wireless internet is beyond ridiculous. The signal strength goes in and out all the time. I sat and watched it go from 1 bar to 3 bars back to 1 bar, over and over. When I called the front desk, they explained that the internet may be slow when the bar is full downstairs. Slow internet doesnt' explain why I can't attach to the local wireless network however. Moreover, I got up a 6 AM to get some important work done and the internet was still *painfully* slow.

Perhaps the biggest problem of all is that they have no room service! I've stayed in all kinds of hotels all over the world of every shape and size and every price category. Even those places that don't have a restaurant or kitchen at least provide local take out menus. The only available information in the room was urging me to check out Toshi's, the clubs on the ground floor and penthouse. Clearly, the clubs are what the owners care about. This hotel has a restaurant/kitchen but no room service! I've never seen such a thing. The local food establishments leave a lot to be desired. This is probably the only area in NYC that has very few choices for food without venturing farther afield.

Other nitpicky problems - the desk chair is actually quite nice, but since the room was so small, I couldn't fully pull it out and had to stand on top of it and gradually slip my legs under the desk. Also, I had turned on the "Do Not Disturb" sign as soon as checking into the room as I was very jet lagged and needed to take a nap. As soon as I fell asleep, someone from Housekeeping knocked and entered the room to restock the minibar even with the Do Not Disturb prominently displayed. There is no concierge service to speak of and I ended up having to find out everything myself as the staff seemed to know nothing about New York City.

They should stop spending money on useless oddities like curtains around the bed and provide some of the basic features all hotels have. It's clear that Toshi does *NOT* love us - he loves his bars but cares very little about taking care of his guests. If you are as disappointed as I was, you can always wipe your feet on the rug that has Toshi's picture on it....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business