“Trustworthy, AMAZING staff”

Ranked #353 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Portland, Oregon
“Trustworthy, AMAZING staff”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The staff is wonderful. I forgot my ipad in my room--only remembered when I was at JFK. I called and they'd found it. I emailed all of my info to them right then and by the next day it was already at UPS being shipped to me. Not only was everyone amazingly honest in this situation, but what wonderful service to package and ship the very next day.

The room was what I expected and the location was perfect for me. Would definitely book again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was disappointed.
The furnishings and room are sumptiously decorated, and there is a TV in the mirror of the bathroom - and I can't complain about the sheets or attress. The room was laughably small - but that's true of NYC in general. Only a Queen bed, which is too small for the two of us.

But, the towels were ratty - I've added a photo. The thermostat has a blue screen which is right at the sleeper's eye - a no-no for good sleep. The hotel information notebook had no pages, and when we asked for them, never receved them.

There is a nightclub on the first floor. It certainly looks popular and has live music. BUT, we were in room 301 which is RIGHT above the nightclub. Nightclub = nightmare when you want to sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get room 301 or near it, unless you want to sleep on top of the ightclub.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here because it is right around the corner from our office. The property is nice, the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up. My only complaint was the service. My shower was broken and they sent someone to fix it. Well, he needed to replace a part and said he'd be back. But he never returned. So I have a full day of meetings and feel disgusting, but that's cool. When I came back around 6pm and it was still not fixed, I went to the lobby and asked to talk to a manager. Another guest services employee was there and asked me what was wrong. They finally got everything fixed and the manager apologized but I literally had to ask them three times to fix my shower. Once it was fixed though, it was the greatest shower ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was nice but little things bothered me. I was on the 8th floor and it was extremely noisy. (street noise) Another minor irritating thing was my alarm clock was two hours fast. I think Housekeeping should be aware and take care of things like that. I also had a light bulb out, and they were stingy on the amount of towels that they supplied. There was also a tv built into the bathroom mirror, which was distracting because it was at eye level of where I look into the mirror so it made getting ready difficult because I saw the tv and not my face. On a good note, the staff was super friendly, the room was clean and the location was superb.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights beginning of November with my aunt. Great spot with very friendly staff. Our room on 9th floor, quiet, cleaned every day and fresh towels left, air-con stayed in average sized room, TV, with a small bathroom which had a TV in thr mirror.
Best bit were the staff very friendly, helpful when we needed help printing off boarding passes and booking airport transfers. My aunt fell in love with Tony bar staff and Devin. Very happy to try and please loved the breakfast served in the bar. Don't miss the music in the evening got some great singers like having a broadway show in your hotel, hence very popular with non residents. Drinks a bit pricey but very central and would certainly go back. Just down the road from the Empire States and just around the corner from the underground if you're not into walking.

Room Tip: high floor room very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santo Domingo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great hotel! I booked it because i got an offer in hotwire. I loved it, great daytime service in the lobby, great music in the night because they have a trendy bar and lounge, excellent area, near everything, the best places to eat and shop. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep early ask for a room in a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Flatiron for 4 days while my son visited colleges in NYC. It made a great home base. Central location, close to subways. Many people write about the small rooms, but I'm assuming they've not stayed in New York very often. We had a room with two double beds and it was plenty large enough for my wife, my son and me.
Definitely try to get a higher floor, as there is music in the lobby nightclub every night. Our room was on the 9th floor and we had not trouble with noise (other than they typical New York street sounds).
Hotel staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors will insulate you from the noisy lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family