Flatiron Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
$309
$266
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
Hilton.com
$188
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$535
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$133
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbathroom mirrorfront deskmadison square parknew yorkshake shackrain showerboutique hotelhigher floorcorner roomlobby bargreenwich villagelocation is greatbagelsthe empire state buildingfew blocksaround the cornerrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Location: Fantastic. In the middle of Manhattan. Nearby Empire State Building, a lot of shopping etc. Don't stay at the Times Square, stay here!!

Hotel and grounds: Modern and small hotel, with a huge fish tank and a night club(?) in the lobby. This club starts swinging in the afternoon and keeps in going. Wich brings a lot of party people there, and it makes of course at lot of noise.

Room: Clean. We payed extra to get a corner suite, and it was worth it. Big enough for to people and four suitcases. Could be nice with more closet space. It's not super to "live in a suitcase". Plenty of cool digital features. Enjoy.

Bathroom: Big and clean. We pay'd extra to get a bathtub. Tv in mirror!!! That's super cool, and not enjoying at all. It's not a problem doing your makeup, you're probably taller then the tv anyway...

Service: Superb!! Nothing to complaint about. The receptionists was helpful. They helped us book tickets etc etc etc.

Tip: Print out your reservation. They need to have it in paper? It's not enough to show them the reservation on your iPad etc.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lance H, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear smty,

Thank you for choosing the Flatiron Hotel and for sharing your experience with other Trip Advisor readers. And thank you for your kind words too, especially regarding the service. We are very proud of our team and it is very gratifying to read that they made a positive impact on your experience. “Superb” is an adjective that will bring a smile to their face.

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I thought the rooms were very small even tho they are done up nice . My daughter and I are small people and we could hardly get in with our 2 suitcases.
The shower was awesome and the bathroom was quite nice but small . There was no place to even hang up your towels. Had to phone downFTP front. desk for ice and glasses and they brought up plastic ones!!! I thought when you are paying good money for a hotel you shouldn't have to phone for glasses and then have plastic ones
They missed my 5am wake up call so luckily my head alarm woke me up and I was not late for my flight!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Myrnsie,

Thank you for choosing the Flatiron Hotel and for sharing your experience with other Trip Advisor readers. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced. Wake up calls are very important and our front office team is reviewing our procedures. I was pleased to read you liked our showers; they are a very popular feature. I see you rated our location and cleanliness fairly high too. As with all our reviews, we use them as a compass for our planning. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We choose the Flatiron for its location, relatively central in NYC, next to the Madison Square Garden. When we arrived at around 1:30pm, we were told that normal check in time is 4pm, but that our rooms would be ready by around 2pm. I found 4pm a bit late.
The room was located on the 3rd floor. It was relatively small, the bed, a desk and then a small bath room with a shower. It is well furnished, new, clean. Nothing to make yourself a cup of tea but there was a coffee machine.
There is a huge aquarium with some nice fishes downstairs.
When I came back at around 11pm, there was a concert on the first floor (there seems to be concerts organised quite often here, which may be nice when you like that but not when you work the following day. Obviously, my room was way too noisy, so I asked to change. So did my boss. The only rooms available were on the 4th floor.
There is some kind of a business center on the mezzanine. I saw only one computer available. It was still enough to print my boarding pass.

Room Tip: Avoid 3 and 4 floors, due to concerts downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear aryna,

Thank you for choosing the Flatiron Hotel and for sharing your experience with other Trip Advisor readers. I am glad you found the hotel clean & well furnished. My apologies about the music from Toshi’s Living Room, our restaurant. We have live music there and some bands can be louder than others. We have taken steps to minimize the impact to our guest rooms. On your next visit to us, we’ll be sure to assign a high floor (please let us know when you make your reservation).

A TripAdvisor Member
Gilroy, California, USA
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My 2 sons and I needed an inexpensive, good location hotel for 2 nights. Nothing crazy expensive but a decent hotel. This was just what we needed. Comfortable, right near the subway and a short walk to Times Square. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Lance H, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Great Choice,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the Flatiron Hotel. Our location is very convenient to so much that New York offers. I am happy your family enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lance Herman

PS – I see you are from Gilroy. We vacation in Carmel often and love the garlic festival. On your next visit, we’ll have to trade some garlic items for some genuine Coney Island hot dogs!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room was amazing, all mod cons, comfy bed, lovely bathroom. Service was great and the hotel was excellent value. Close to 5th avenue and the sites.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Heatherscot,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the Flatiron Hotel. Thank you also for the high scores. On your next visit, please be sure to stop by Toshi’s Living Room, our restaurant / lounge featuring live music Monday through Saturday. Look forward to seeing you soon.