“Nice Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #346 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Nice Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for 6 nights including Easter. It was booked by my cousin then I started reading some reviews and I thought *Oh dear* BUT I found the staff friendly, helpful and overall a very nice Hotel. I was unwell on leaving and they kindly let us have the room till 1pm and headed for the Airport at 1.30pm. Would reccomend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I wrote a review while staying at the property on September 8, 2011. Someone was trying to sabatoge the opening of this hotel and reported my review as "inappropriate" , it was deleted within a few days. It appears Trip Advistor does not really check a review.

The staff was very helpful, the room was beautiful and we loved the location. It will be my hotel of choice when I visit New York again and the price was a real bargain. We got a corner room because we wanted 2 queen sized beds, the view was fantastic, it was like I could just reach over and touch the Empire State Building, loved the remote controled drapes and the mirror/television in the bathroom. My Place deli right across the street. This is what people have to say about them:

Jackie Aucoin
Near New Orleans, Louisiana

This is the fate of my first review.

17. Re: Flatiron Hotel Toshi - anyone stayed there or heard of it?

Sep 08, 2011, 10:32 PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, September 10, 2011

Report inappropriate content

jhwanderer

Queens, NY

posts: 2,864

18. Re: Flatiron Hotel Toshi - anyone stayed there or heard of it?

Sep 08, 2011, 10:35 PM

One post. That person just before me has one post. Ever.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham UK
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I spent 5 nights at The Flatiron Hotel with my teenage kids, within 20 minutes they said "If we come back to New York can we stay here again?". The room we had was really lovely, clean, stylish with a great bathroom and everything you'd need... including a TV in the bathroom mirror!

The staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel at home and this is the clincher, in the evening the lobby lounge becomes a really cool bar staffed by delightful and friendly waitresses and local semi-pro musicians play jazz and light pop music to an amazing standard. Listening to Moon River being sang in a Jazz style over a double bass felt like, well, New York.

The Flatiron is two minutes walk from Madison Square Park, home of Shake Shack, the finest burger bar in the city and is perfect for hitting the shops on 34th, Times Square or going a couple of blocks west and catching the High Line down to West Village. Perfect. You are surrounded by excellent restaurants, Hill Country is few doors down on 26th for the best Texas BBQ, so the location is pretty much ideal.

Seriously, stay here and you will not be disappointed. I'm already planning a return trip next year. Nice work guys, keep it up.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Would definately stay again! The gentleman who greeted us at the door when we arrived made sure we got taxi's, got our luggage to the room, greeted us every day. Felt like honored guests! Thanks

• Stayed April 2012
Dublin
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at the Flatiron with my sister at the end of March. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was lovely, very clean, small but then all NYC hotel rooms are. The beds and pillows were so comfy! I loved the tv set into the bathroom mirror, very cool. Staff were very helpful, service a little bit on the slow side. We were woken up a couple times with noise from outside, there was a big fight out on the street beneath our window at 3am one of the mornings and the usual taxi's beeping horns etc but I dont know how you could control that! We did think their security could be improved, it seemed like there was a different person on reception everytime we arrived/departed, I'd think it would be hard to keep track of who is actually staying in the hotel. In saying that I would really recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FabMammy
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We travelled as a family staying in two rooms. The hotel is in a great location - its only 2 blocks from the subway and close to heaps of good restaurants and shopping areas. The staff were always very friendly and were happy to answer our 'touristy' questions. They even allowed my sister to check in earlier then the rest of us (she was arriving earlier than us from a different destination). The rooms were a decent size and had some great features such as the tv in the mirror in the bathroom and electric curtains. We would definitely stay at the flatiron again and would definitely recommend it!! Thanks to all the staff for a pleasant stay!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had to stay over in New York for work, and booked the hotel through a discount travel site, so I didn't even know the name of the hotel until it was booked. I was impressed. I stayed on the 10th floor in a king room (memory foam bed, great pillows). The bed was very close to the door, but there was space between the bed and the work desk/TV. The rooms are not huge, but spacious enough for two people. I've stayed in bigger rooms in New York and paid a much higher price for it in a very large and overcrowded hotel. The bathroom as well appointed with a TV in the mirrow and jacuzzi tub/shower combo. The water pressure was strong and the water was hot (I like it very hot).

They are trying to get local musical artists of all genres to entertain on a nightly basis, which is fun. The night I stayed, the talent swung from folk/rock to Robin Thicke-like styles.

The staff is young and very very attentive so kudos on great hiring process.

The one downside I found, which did not bother me but is important to note, was the sound of the subway train roaring by. I wasn't screechy, but a low and distinctive rumble. It's the N,R line. I was in a lower number room on the 10th floor, so keep that in mind when checking in. Again, didn't bother me, but people ought to know about it.

I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware that you can hear the N,R subway line from the lower numbered rooms even on the 10th floor...